• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket opinion and fit

heynow

Reaction score
Picked this up today at NM 1500 retail paid 300. it is Varvatos main line made in italy virgin wool. trying to figure if i want to keep. I tried this on at the Vegas store and they told me the collar was meant to stand up. what do you think? and is the fit acceptable is this considered more of a coat then a blazer? they had another in 52r at the same price if anyone wants it.
photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kind of a coat and it's kind of a blazer: things meant to be worn strictly inside don't usually lash the pockets shut, especially the breast one. Good looking jacket though. Tuff to tell the fit from the less-than-full-disclosure photograph. Chronoaug lies: he is into the skinny. The collar is begging you: pleeese keep me down.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too big.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Egdon Heath
Yeah, it's kind of a coat and it's kind of a blazer: things meant to be worn strictly inside don't usually lash the pockets shut, especially the breast one. Good looking jacket though. Tuff to tell the fit from the less-than-full-disclosure photograph. Chronoaug lies: he is into the skinny. The collar is begging you: pleeese keep me down.
What are you on? I'm a slim dude, but like and appreciate stuff that fits relaxed (superbobo style) or intentionally baggy drapey. It's kinda billowy and i see a lot of fabric bunching. Looks a size too big.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Are you developmentally challenged? I'm a slim dude, but like and appreciate stuff that fits relaxed (superbobo style) or intentionally baggy drapey. It's kinda billowy and i see a lot of fabric bunching. Looks a size too big.
No need to be offensive
wink.gif
But seriously, Edgon Heath lies: he is into the ugly, poorly fitting clothes..

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
What are you on? I'm a slim dude, but like and appreciate stuff that fits relaxed (superbobo style) or intentionally baggy drapey. It's kinda billowy and i see a lot of fabric bunching. Looks a size too big.
C'mon chronoaug, you're into the skinny and you know it. But to a more pressing point: you actually refer to yourself in the above referenced post as I'm a slim dude? Yikes. (It's the dude part.)
Originally Posted by Stazy
No need to be offensive
wink.gif

Thank you for the corrections to chronoaug's post, Stazy. He can use a good editor (next, please, have him work on that dude thing.)​

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gals are cute.
colgate.gif

Jacket is too big, particularly in the shoulders(most expensive part to alter), unless you have freakishly wide lats.

At the end of the day, just ask yourself whether you'd have picked it up without seeing the ticker price.

I thought so.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Didn't you just accept a shipment of goods (including jackets) that SoCal deemed too ugly to keep? But they're free!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Did you even read the thread? You know how gigantic that man's closet is. The clothes are actually really nice, but he has too much raf/jil to spend time on most his stuff. However, only the drkshdw jacket will get much wear as the 2 shirts are too big if i don't get em' tailored (they're nice though). The jacket is dope though. Nice try though, dude.

Egdon Heath

Reaction score
The jacket is dope though. Nice try though, dude.
Note proper use of the word dude (above).
Improper: referring to yourself as a dude.
(Am trying to make these posts easier for you to understand, Chronoaug. Work with me.) EgH​

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads