1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jacket/ Jeans/ Sneakers: HELP!

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by jas490, Jul 24, 2016.

1. jas490

jas490 New Member

OK everybody. Two specific questions about this outfit:
    1/ What shoes work better, the white Adidas Stan Smiths, or the black Vans?
    2/ The jacket is a Hugo Boss sportcoat, can i wear it with jeans? (I think it looks too "suit-like" but my wife says it is OK) It does have a bit of texture to it and is not completely smooth.
    A couple of notes: My wardrobe isn't huge, so if the "fit" isn't perfect, I may be out of luck.....and sorry about the toilet in the shot! :)
    Thank you all in advance!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Sorry man, but that jacket doesn't work with denim. It is very, as you say, "suit like". I'll also never be a fan of any jacket worn with an untuck shirt.

1 person likes this.
  3. ClosetEvolution

ClosetEvolution Senior member

Perhaps black denim? I like the white shoes with the white in the shirt.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Dont like black sneakers in these situations, in most cases it looks like you are hoping to trick people into thinking you are wearing dress shoes but arent and so white gets my vote.

Agree with others though, the jacket is far too formal to be able to work with jeans.

5. Nehabje

Nehabje New Member

It seems to me that the jacket also is just a tad to big and long on your arms. But aside from that, usually it helps to have a suit jacket that's a bit more casual when pairing it with jeans. I think something that's more lightly colored or has a rougher texture would work a lot better.