• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Fit Check: SuitSupply, Pini Parma, Spier&M

j2020

Reaction score
Hi guys, back again to get help on the fit of some jackets since I'm still pretty new. I posted two before but I took them from a very low angle. These are a bit higher angle photos.

Old thread (mods please combine with old thread if necessary): https://www.styleforum.net/threads/jacket-fit-check.675874/#post-10504658

Double breasted Pini 36:

S&M Linen 38S contemporary:

SuSu Linen 38S Havana:

Planning to return these "red" jackets based on feedback from other thread. I went into suit supply and was told I was a 38S and also called both pini + s&p to get guidance on my sizing but it's harder with online only. Maybe I just need made to measure but hopefully I can get something off the rack.
36 Pini:

38 Pini

Last edited:

Stylewords

Reaction score
Mostly too short. Look at the sleeves on the SS jacket. I suspect a regular in SS will be your best bet.

j2020

Reaction score
Mostly too short. Look at the sleeves on the SS jacket. I suspect a regular in SS will be your best bet.
Thank you for your feedback. My shirt sleeve length seems correct to you?

I do own a SuSu 38R Lazio navy suit+ havana jacket 38R (both bought second hand). Will take pictures of the 38R soon.

I was told it was too long by the people at SuSu since I'm 5'7. My torso is probably long compared to my legs. I did start to think they were right. Planning to either sell them both or have one jacket shortened and risk the alteration which I know is not ideal (but only about 3/4'). May rethink since I mostly wear boots which helps a little.

I wonder if it's because it's linen and it's bunched up but the sleeves do seem on the short end.

I did try out everything from a 36R, 36S, 38R, 38S in store. I was pretty fixated on 36R but I did eventually see how my shoulders were sticking out further than the jacket. I also looked up threads here of people of my height and they mostly have their jacket lengths close to the SuSu 38S. Maybe because my legs are out of frame it seems short on me?

You know the first time I tried on the second-hand 38R lazio suit I thought I had nailed the fit but now after trying out a few things I am not so sure. I am trying to learn as much as possible and explore all my options. Now buying with return policy in mind.

What are your thoughts on everything else? Also return?

I'd like to get to know what you guys are seeing that I am not so I can learn. I didn't think I was ready to do MTM since I don't know enough.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Verve

Reaction score
Hoping you got it figured out by now. IMO, all of your jackets top button is too high. You have a similar problem that I have… longer torso, shorter legs. You’ll need to get measured by a “good” professional to see how much lower your top button needs to be for your body type.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads