• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacket Fit Check: SuitSupply, Pini Parma, Spier&M

j2020

Reaction score
Hi guys, back again to get help on the fit of some jackets since I'm still pretty new. I posted two before but I took them from a very low angle. These are a bit higher angle photos.

Old thread (mods please combine with old thread if necessary): https://www.styleforum.net/threads/jacket-fit-check.675874/#post-10504658

Double breasted Pini 36:

S&M Linen 38S contemporary:

SuSu Linen 38S Havana:

Planning to return these "red" jackets based on feedback from other thread. I went into suit supply and was told I was a 38S and also called both pini + s&p to get guidance on my sizing but it's harder with online only. Maybe I just need made to measure but hopefully I can get something off the rack.
36 Pini:

38 Pini

Last edited:

Stylewords

Reaction score
Mostly too short. Look at the sleeves on the SS jacket. I suspect a regular in SS will be your best bet.

j2020

Reaction score
Mostly too short. Look at the sleeves on the SS jacket. I suspect a regular in SS will be your best bet.
Thank you for your feedback. My shirt sleeve length seems correct to you?

I do own a SuSu 38R Lazio navy suit+ havana jacket 38R (both bought second hand). Will take pictures of the 38R soon.

I was told it was too long by the people at SuSu since I'm 5'7. My torso is probably long compared to my legs. I did start to think they were right. Planning to either sell them both or have one jacket shortened and risk the alteration which I know is not ideal (but only about 3/4'). May rethink since I mostly wear boots which helps a little.

I wonder if it's because it's linen and it's bunched up but the sleeves do seem on the short end.

I did try out everything from a 36R, 36S, 38R, 38S in store. I was pretty fixated on 36R but I did eventually see how my shoulders were sticking out further than the jacket. I also looked up threads here of people of my height and they mostly have their jacket lengths close to the SuSu 38S. Maybe because my legs are out of frame it seems short on me?

You know the first time I tried on the second-hand 38R lazio suit I thought I had nailed the fit but now after trying out a few things I am not so sure. I am trying to learn as much as possible and explore all my options. Now buying with return policy in mind.

What are your thoughts on everything else? Also return?

I'd like to get to know what you guys are seeing that I am not so I can learn. I didn't think I was ready to do MTM since I don't know enough.

Thanks again

Last edited:

Verve

Reaction score
Hoping you got it figured out by now. IMO, all of your jackets top button is too high. You have a similar problem that I have… longer torso, shorter legs. You’ll need to get measured by a “good” professional to see how much lower your top button needs to be for your body type.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.