• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Critique #5567

yayo

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

Should I let the waist out a bit on this jacket? Thanks. Excuse the button-down collar - just threw it on for the photo.

sale145.jpg
[/IMG]

sale146.jpg

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
Honestly a picture from further away would help determine whethere it needs it in relation to the overall outfit.

It looks like it's a matter of taste, it doesn't look too bad.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like it's pulling a little but I agree, a pic from further away would make life easier in terms of judging this.

Also, fill your pockets with whatever you normally carry, to be sure of a realistic fit.

yayo

Reaction score
Thanks, think I will let it out a bit

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before you go and get it altered, post better fit pictures. Two closeup of the waist is useless for critique purposes.

whether the jacket is too tight or not requires a side view also to see how the back and vents lay.

Post some of these pictures, and also post straigh-on shots from afar.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I like more of an "X" than some do here, but that looks like too much, even for me.

But as has been said, more pics would help.

Because of the pulling?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
The collar is standing off the neck. Get that fixed above all else.

yayo

Reaction score
Yes, wearing it around the house, I'm noticing that the lapels are starting to buckle, as well. It's too small. Think I'll return this baby. Thanks all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads