• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Carrier for Morning/Evening Commute

grifco

Reaction score
Hi! I've been scouring the world for a jacket carrier for my morning/evening commute. I live in NYC and going through the subway in the summer is far too hot to wear a jacket, and I am therefore looking for a leather trifold garment bag that is super slim-line and compresses my jacket as small as possible.

The closest non-leather one I have found is the Eagle Creek, which isn't ideal. Is anyone aware of something smaller than this and in leather? I am about to resort to designing one myself and having it made.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/packit-garment-sleeve/d/1093_c_211

Best regards,

Dave.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on the title, I thought this was a help wanted ad for someone to carry your jacket for you. Why not just carry your jacket in your hands like most people on the train?

grifco

Reaction score
Already carrying a briefcase, iPad and coffee...carrying a jacket is a PITA and I would rather hold a small suitcarrier in the same hand as my briefcase.

Last edited:

tinsel

Reaction score
just leave your jacket hanging up in your office and put it on when you get inside

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Already carrying a briefcase, iPad and coffee...carrying a jacket is a PITA and I would rather hold a small suitcarrier in the same hand as my briefcase.

iPad in the brief case and leave the coffee - surely you can travel without that? Leaves a hand for your jacket.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just leave your jacket hanging up in your office and put it on when you get inside

Good idea but the OP will tell us he is wearing a different suit every day.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While on the train, you already carry in your two hands an IPad, coffee and briefcase and want to add a suitcarrier to the mix? So, are you the guy on the train that leans on his fellow passengers and spills his coffee on them (since his hands are too full to hold on to the bar) or the guy that leans on the support bar so that no one else can use it?

grifco

Reaction score
So much judgment but not many helpful comments...the concept of a suit carrier is not controversial, so the fact that I am looking for something that is smaller than a typical suit carrier and is optimized for one jacket shouldn't be either.

Happy to keep justifying: GBR is right, different suit every day; would prefer to fold a jacket and carry it in a thin case than bunch it up/fold it over my arm; sitting down with a jacket in hand is not as comfortable on subway, don't want jacket to drag on the ground; not taking a jacket at all is not an option; NewShoes1 - I'm always careful to ensure I'm courteous to other passengers on the subway, even though most don't reciprocate.

And most importantly, I'm not after your lifestyle, I just want to find something that fits in to mine.

Peace out.

cwh812

Reaction score
Interested in this thread and any suggestions. I usually drape jacket over my arm. Have a briefcase and iPad inside briefcase. I would think that having an garment carrier of some sort would just add to the clutter.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know any slim, leather jacket carriers, but I can hook you up with some slim, leather dress shoe carrier though.

Since it's so hot, you should wear flip-flops and change into dress shoes when you get to work.

Peace out :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads