• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jacket advice for a lanky git!

Johnni

Reaction score
Hi
As a slim 6ft 1 (chest 34') guy i need a jacket that fits well on me. I tried wearing jackets in a size small latetly and although they fit well they make me look thinner.
I tend to buy hooded jackets but i wanted to know what jacket type i should go for that would suit me a tall slim person.
I have this jacket now http://www.arkclothing.com/Ark_Male/..._Jacket37.html

but it doesnt fit me that well on the chest area so i thought of getting this jacket style which is longer as i feel it suits taller people having a long jacket http://www.arkclothing.com/Ark_Male/...e_Jacket2.html

My general style btw is as someone described 'indie' so skinny fitted clothes work kinda but not too tight fitting.

Also any genreal tips on what/type clothes to get for my physique will help.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dior

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
believe it or not, nice collective make the ******* skinniest **** outside of japan. I'm a smaller/thinner guy (5 7", 135) I got a small jacket that fit me like i was about to choke. arms are REALLY small.

Johnni

Reaction score
what sort of clothes should i avoid?, what are the do's & don'ts especially with jackets. I had short slim fitted jackets that i like but i feel like idiot wearing them

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To avoid looking tall and skinny in a fastened jacket, the jacket is better with prominent pockets (which can also add bulk), stripes, epaulets, or something else to break up the vertical line. Military style jackets generally work well, although fit will vary.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ gotta agree. most of my jackets are military, and they work well for me. fitted, but do not make you look emaciated.

Max

Reaction score
Problems I wish I had.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads