• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jacket adjustment, ridiculous?

enthuesd

Reaction score

I want this jacket to have a more slim fit, but this is how much it will need. Is it ridiculous to have this trimmed this small amount? The cost is $40.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks like a normal amount

2Scoops

Reaction score
I had a similar alteration, slightly more material, done. I think I was charged closer to $50.

enthuesd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2Scoops
I had a similar alteration, slightly more material, done. I think I was charged closer to $50.

THanks for the response. My tailor (she's a sweet lady) thinks I'm silly for wanting an adjustment this small and insists it fits fine OFR. She doesn't give good second opinions either after she does the pinning, so I have to decide how things look myself, and we all know how hard that is.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've had jackets altered by small as well as large amounts. Fit is important, and if taking it in by an ever-so-small amount makes a difference, then I'd have it done.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by enthuesd
THanks for the response. My tailor (she's a sweet lady) thinks I'm silly for wanting an adjustment this small and insists it fits fine OFR. She doesn't give good second opinions either after she does the pinning, so I have to decide how things look myself, and we all know how hard that is.

Looks like well over an inch out each side, that's not an inconsiderable amount...

greyinla

Reaction score
Once you know what is right for you, even a 1/4" difference in length or width can be noticeable, even if you can't put your finger on it. For $40, it's a cheap alteration if it makes you happy.

enthuesd

Reaction score
I'll be having it done. Thanks for the feedback.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 238 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%
  • 31 - 40