• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jack Victor Suits (with Loro Piana Wool)

doctorman

Reaction score
there have been a few posts remotely discussing jack victor suits but the reviews have been quite mixed and vague. the personal experiences by the SF'ers have also been hit and miss.

i recently stumbled upon some jack victor suits made with loro piana wool at STP. they can be easily had for under $300 before tailoring.

reportedly they are half-canvassed and made in canada. they have a slim, modern cut. they're also sold at menswearhouse, which i think actually hurts their reputation quite a bit.

i'd like to hear what fellow SF'ers have to say. i'm especially interested to know how they compare, in terms of quality, to other suits that are half-canvassed or even fully canvassed.

i have no personal experience with jack victor but i suspect they suffer from the hyundai syndrome. good quality but a relative no name that is priced to sell, which in turn, makes them even more undesirable.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 55 17.4%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.2%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.8%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%