• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jack Victor / Hilfiger: honest assessment

Jimmy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in Australia and I'm looking at a couple of suits for sale on Blue Fly.

In particular I'm looking at some Jack Victor and Tommy Hilfiger suits:

http://www.bluefly.com/Tommy-Hilfig...lat-front-pants/cat20306/318445901/detail.fly

http://www.bluefly.com/Jack-Victor-...lat-front-pants/cat20306/315622901/detail.fly

I haven't seen these in Australia so don't know anything about quality or fit. I realise based on price they won't be outstanding quality but I'm looking to replace about 3 suits for day to day wear and as such don't want to spend thousands of dollars.

Perhaps those in the know might recommend some alternate brands that can be bought online for a reasonable cost?

Any constructive comments would be very much appreciated!!

(I like slim fit suits by the way as they suit my body shape)

Thanks for your help very much

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local menswear store carries Jack Victor and I think they have some very nice suits, sport coats, and slacks for the price. I have purchased Jack Victor slacks and sport coats, but not their suits - I don't wear suits very often. I can wear a 44R off the rack in just about any brand and Jack Victor 44R sport coats fit me with no alterations required. I had to go up one size on the slacks - the sales person said the pants tend to run a little slimmer and a little lower in the rise over American cuts.

The quality is nice - I would put it above Austin Reed and Daniel Hechter but below Samuelsohn and Coppley.

The sales people at the store say they get positive comments from those that have purchased Jack Victor and the store says the brand sells well. I believe the sales people said Jack Victor is made in Canada.

I do not have any experience with Hilfiger suits, so I cannot offer any help there.

Chris

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on a Jack Victor suit recently and thought the quality seemed about the same as Joseph Abboud. Average, nothing special. Hilfiger suits are very cheap quality, and I would not purchase.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I tried on a Jack Victor suit recently and thought the quality seemed about the same as Joseph Abboud.  Average, nothing special.  Hilfiger suits are very cheap quality, and I would not purchase.

This.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads