Jack simpson

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jerseyguy, Oct 2, 2004.

1. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

I found a very cool-looking one-button brown paisley cashmere SB peaked lapel jacket for $200 today at NM Last Call with an orange "Jack Simpson" label on it. I googled his name, but couldn't find much info except that he used to be a designer for Dormeuil (never heard of it) and now works for Oxxford. Does anyone have any idea how old this is? It was on 75% off clearance, so my guess is that is has been at a store for at least a year. The original retail price was $3000, which seems to be ridiculously high in the Kiton strata. I believe it is canvassed, but it is a little hard to tell because the fabric is thick. I am not a very good judge of handwork, but maybe someone who has encountered this line before can comment on the quality. In any case, I am sure it is a steal. Here are some pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks in advance.

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sweet jacket. Rock on [​IMG] Jack Simpson is sort of a custom stylist/wardrober - he used to work for Dormeuil, and then went to work for Oxxford. Does anybody know whether he is still with Oxxford? He is known for his bold use of color and fabric - odd vests are a trademark. That jacket was likely made by Martin Greenfield. Probably not more than three years old.

3. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

I knew a fabric like that had to be the work of an eccentric designer?

Can you comment on the quality of construction of Martin Greenfield?

Also, do you know if this line still exist? I love stuff like this and would like to peruse his other offerings. I have never seen anything this whimsical from Oxxford -- I wonder how he is influencing the designs.

4. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

5. demo5

demo5 Senior member

Dormeuil is one of the top fabric houses in the world (along with companies like Loro Piana, Zegna, Holland & Sherry, Scabal). Like some of those houses, they also do some bespoke suits, as well as sell their cloth to other tailors.

6. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, he's still with Oxxford. His title is Creative Director, and he's responsible for the Oxxford Crest model. It's a very nice silhouette.