• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apt

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on this brand or specifically the quality/durability of their denim? I have a chance to grab a couple pairs of their jeans for $30-40 a pop which seems like a good deal because everywhere else I look their jeans run from $120-250+.

Thanks in advance.

energie

Reaction score
i actually own a pair of jack and jones....
i am from germany but studying here in north america.
jack and jones is rather popular in europe because its cheaper than other brands such as diesel g star and energie and so on.... but they definitly make good quality products.
for that price you can not go wrong, if you dont end up liking them you only wasted 40$ at most. then you know for next time not to buy J&J.

SwedishFish

Reaction score
Now that's a brand I thought never would show up on SF. I remember back in the day as a kid in Sweden being fascinated with the local Jack & Jones store only because they kept a stuffed fox on display. I eschewed their merchandise then and still do today.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Their jeans are the usual "mall brand" quality I'd say.

I love their socks though, cheap, comfortable, solid black and fits my size 46 2/3 clown feet perfectly.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a Jack & Jones in the US but when I was in China this past summer they had a lot of stores there.

apt

Reaction score
Some interesting responses.

I live in Ontario, Canada and although I'm sure there are no actual Jack & Jones retailers in my province a Canadian store called "Winners" gets a few things here and there and like I said, sells for cheap, so I figured I'd inquire.

Anyone have any personal experience with their denim? Their look appeals to my taste.

dual

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apt
Some interesting responses.

I live in Ontario, Canada and although I'm sure there are no actual Jack & Jones retailers in my province a Canadian store called "Winners" gets a few things here and there and like I said, sells for cheap, so I figured I'd inquire.

Anyone have any personal experience with their denim? Their look appeals to my taste.

Apparently, J&J is sold at The Bay too. I'm assuming there is one there since the HBC started there.

obiter dictum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apt
I have two pairs that I've been using on and off for about four years, bought before this forum turned me into a raw zombie. Both have held up nicely, no noticeable signs of wear and tear (apart from the pre-distressing :/) If you like the looks, why not just go and try some on?

Babar

Reaction score
In Europe Jack & Jones is mostly regarded as a poor man's Diesel, and it's really just one of those "mall brands" that caters to people with no real interest in clothes but that want something youthful and "edgy" (sort of like a Scandinavian A&F I guess). If you see someone in Scandinavia wearing a tee with random text on it, no slogan or anything, just plain gibberish, you can be pretty sure it's an J&J. Stripey shirts with random labels all over and heavily distressed denims are also typical of the J&J aesthetic.

$250 retail for a pair of their jeans is a joke, they're less than half of that over here, but apparently they market themselves totally differently in the US compared to Europe (I've also heard someone said it's sold in stores also carrying D&G etc in the US, with a super inflated price tag to boot). In any case, stay well clear.

kever

Reaction score
I picked up a pair from Winners a little while ago. They are from a line Jack&jones did called JJeco, using fairtrade organic cotton, white line selvedge denim and natural indigo dye. They actually feel really well made, and the dye is starting to fade nicely. I fell skateboarding a few weeks ago, and the denim held up nicely too. The only issues I have with them are the crazy low back pockets, the rise is a bit too low, and the buttons are made out of coconut shell (going along with the eco thing). For the $50 I paid for them, I'm more than happy with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads