• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jack and Marjorie Military-Inspired Bags

Gavin

Reaction score
I was at the One of a Kind show in Toronto and came across Jack and Marjorie, a relatively small line that I think a lot of people here might like. All of their bags are made from military surplus materials.

Apparently my fiancÃ
e had already heard of them, I guess since most of their line is for females...but they do make a few messenger models for guys. And they're beautiful. She picked up a purse and I got this messenger bag.

From their site:

How it started

After coming across an old box of family photographs taken in the 1940's, jack&marjorie was started in 2004 in Tokyo by Meghan Parsons, a Toronto native, and Manuel Opp, a native of Hamburg, Germany. In 2005, jack&marjorie relocated to Toronto.

What materials we use

Our bags are constructed primarily out of recycled military surplus materials. Among the items we currently use or have used in the past are: military tents and cotton tent fabric, wool blankets, duffle bags, parachutes, rifle sling straps, webbing, ammunition pouches, suspenders, zippers, buttons, and parachute cord.
The quality seems top notch so far, but I haven't put it through its paces yet. We'll see how well it holds up but it feels pretty solid.

And no, I have no affiliation with them

feynmix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Keep us updated on the quality of the bag.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully they will come out with some more guy stuff.

Gavin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dakine
Where/when was this in Toronto?

It's at the Enbridge building on the CNE grounds. I'm not sure when the show started, but it runs through until the 7th.

About 80% of the stuff there is shitty "crafty" junk, but there's a few cool vendors (bags, baby stuff, housewares, etc...) and lots of good food.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 280 33.2%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 132 15.7%
  • 31 - 40