• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JAB Signature Gold Suit

jughead4466

Reaction score
Buying my first suit for job interviews, and i'm getting a good deal on a JAB signature Gold 2 Button Wool Suit - Retail is 1095, but being sold for 300.

I'm buying these suits for job interviews, and i'm wondering if this suit is worth the 300 price?

I also bought a suit from Macy's which was the Lauren label for 250, if I got the JAB suit I would return the Lauren label one.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jughead4466
Buying my first suit for job interviews, and i'm getting a good deal on a JAB signature Gold 2 Button Wool Suit - Retail is 1095, but being sold for 300.

I'm buying these suits for job interviews, and i'm wondering if this suit is worth the 300 price?

I also bought a suit from Macy's which was the Lauren label for 250, if I got the JAB suit I would return the Lauren label one.

JAB retail prices are outright lies. They are always at least 60% on sale as the normal course of operations. You're probably paying a normal markup for both items. Get an alterations tailor to do all the right adjustments and you should be fine.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto on the "retail prices." But JAB is a good entry-level suit, and it is MUCH better than Men's Wearhouse. I also find their sales staff better trained than Macy's.

bigchris1313

Reaction score
JAB Sig Gold > Lauren

At least Sig Gold is half-canvassed. In addition, while JAB always has a sale on, the sales never get better than 70% off. $300 is the best you're going to do. If this is your first suit, it's a good play.

Johnny24

Reaction score
Tailor it (from someone outside of the JAB "tailors") and just make sure it is either navy, charcoal, or med. gray and you should be god to go. It will be better made than anything in Macy's.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 to the notion that it's not a bad first suit for $300, and it's certainly better than a Lauren suit at $250.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd add my voice to the chorus that a JAB Sig Gold at $300 is a very good buy.

ptoll

Reaction score
JAB sig gold suit is a good, conservative choice for an interview suit, as the cut and the color options are very traditional. As the others pointed out, it has half canvas construction, which makes it a pretty good deal at the $300 price point. I owned two Lauren suits ~10 years ago; they were poorly made and didn't hold up to frequent wear.

Good luck with that job search!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bah, I bought a Boglioli suit from whusurdadi for $300.
confused.gif

HarleyBob

Reaction score
JAB Signature Gold suits are reasonable low-end suits. Don't pay anything close to their listing price, but for $200 to $300, they are not a bad suit.

I don't understand all the JAB bashing on this site regarding their higher line goods. I do understand the basing about their pricing strategies. But for those just starting out and who don't have a lot of time to search all over for something different, they are a good choice.

Timeless Fashion

Reaction score
Realistically, where can you get a half-canvassed 100% wool suit for $197? Their retail price of $1095 is a joke, but I would probably say that their sale today is not bad for someone looking for a "starter" suit.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a BB Golden Fleece charcoal suit for $175
teacha.gif
But seriously you could have done worse
thumbs-up.gif

FunLovinStyle

Reaction score
Anything at JAB is going to be a step-up from a department store such as Macy's (with the exclusion of their lowest line which is equivalent) so anything between $200 and $300 at JAB is bound to be a reasonably good deal. JAB also has better service.

classicusa

Reaction score
But can you go into BB and buy a GF suit right now for $175? Sure, there is always the great one-off deal. But that takes time and effort to find, and some will never dig them up, or may not live in a locale where there are great deals to be had.

You can go into a JAB and get this deal, or order it on line...I am sure there are thousands available.

These aren't custom, but they look fine, and will look good for a while to get you started. <$200 for a Sig Gold suit is a really good deal. Go through Fatwallet online and get another 5% off. Makes it $187. Shipping looks free at that price. That's going to be hard to beat.

There are a lot of low quality goods at JAB, and a handful of good items. These are ok suits for this price. Don't be snobs. Heck, wear it to work in the snow. Let someone else ruin their really nice suit in the salt/snow. There is a place for goods of this quality.

I've found some decent stuff there since the Fall. Some really nice Sig Gold sportcoats on clearance for $75 from overpriced $795. When they have a Buy 1 get 2 Free deal on their no-iron dress shirts...that's 3 for $79.50. I just keep a few in my desk drawer for when I find I have a dinner after work that gets scheduled at the last minute. How many times have you spilled something on a shirt during the day, and had to go and get a new shirt? At $26 each, these are a steal.

Shoe trees. $25. Buy 1 Get 2 Free is 3 for $25. They are Woodlore cedar trees. I grabbed 6 for $50.

Wake up guys, there are some interesting things there if you know where to look. Don't be embarrassed. Use it for what it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads