• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Press Tweed Sport Coats (4) and Other Ivy / Trad Labels

M. Charles

Reaction score
All sport coats on this thread now sold. I'm leaving Thursday for a long vacation (more than 2 weeks). If you're interested in any of the jackets, please PM me by midnight Wednesday. I'm making a further price reduction as well. Remaining jackets are dropped to $45 each or 2 for $79 shipped within CONUS. Remaining Jackets reduced to $55/each or 2 for $89. For Sale here are several J. Press Tweeds along with one by Norman Hilton and one by Huntington Clothiers, the late beloved Ivy shop in Columbus, Ohio. I'm asking $65 each per jacket or 2 for $99 shipped in CONUS. Please PM. Thanks. 1. J. Press Brown Fine Herringbone Tweed Sports Coat Sold Pending Payment Measurements: 18.5" shoulders; 32" length (from bottom of collar); 24 7/8" sleeves; and 22 3/4" chest. 2. J. Press Glen Plaid Tweed Sports Coat Sold Measurements: 17 3/4" shoulders; 29.5" length; 24" sleeves; 21.5" chest. 3. J. Press Patterned Tweed Jacket Sold Measurements: 17 3/4" shoulders; 29" length; 24" sleeves; 21.5" chest. 4. J. Press Donegal Mist Tweed Jacket Sold I believe this is J. Press' signature Donegal Tweed Mist with a blend of mohair, cashmere, and lambswool. Measurements: 17 3/4" shoulders; 29" length; 24" sleeves; 21.5" chest. 5. Huntington Clothiers Glen Plaid Tweed Jacket This jacket has an extremely soft hand--probably cashmere and mohair in the mix. Measurements: 17" shoulders; 28 1/4" length; 22 7/8" sleeve; 21" chest. 6. Norman Hilton Grey Tweed Jacket- 40R? This is a gorgeous jacket, extremely well constructed. Measurements: 18" shoulders; 30.25" length; 23 3/4" sleeve; 22 1/4" chest.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very beautiful stuff. What's the relative age of the bunch?

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RunningBeagle
Very beautiful stuff. What's the relative age of the bunch?

I'm not sure-probably from the 90s. Certainly prior to Press' devolution into the land of massive shoulder padding.

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
Is the second one tan or more of a grey?

More tan than grey, although it has grey in it, if that makes sense.

M. Charles

Reaction score
Remaining Jackets reduced to $55/each shipped or 2 for $89.

M. Charles

Reaction score
I'm leaving Thursday for a long vacation (more than 2 weeks). If you're interested in any of the jackets, please PM me by midnight Wednesday.

I'm making a further price reduction as well. Remaining jackets are dropped to $45 each or 2 for $79 shipped within CONUS.

DavidW

Reaction score
From where are you measuring length-bottom of collar or top of collar? Thanks.

M. Charles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DavidW
From where are you measuring length-bottom of collar or top of collar? Thanks.

Length = distance from bottom of the collar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads