• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Press MTM

jeremygo

Reaction score
This is promising information! I appreciate all your book recs too. Looking at The Armoury's website it appears their ring jacket offerings are only offered MTM at trunk shows, but I will ask about it anyway for future reference.
I’m fairly certain you can order MTO for Ring Jacket x The Armoury models year round at the store! If their standard sizes fit well that could be a good option. Pricing for the MTO jackets start at 1,650 I believe, but go up depending on the fabric.

Reaction score
I’m fairly certain you can order MTO for Ring Jacket x The Armoury models year round at the store! If their standard sizes fit well that could be a good option. Pricing for the MTO jackets start at 1,650 I believe, but go up depending on the fabric.

Stopped by there today and was suprised by how well they fit off the rack, seems like I'd be able to get a fit I'm happy with just with one or two alterations. The tribeca location has such a fun and friendly vibe. Much to consider!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I visited The Armoury branch on the Upper East Side
earlier this month to look into MTM. They were unable
to find a model that would work for me MTM. I was not
surprised having tried on RTW years before at trunk shows
in CA. My point is, that unless a model really works for you
which they extrapolate to MTM, they won't sell it to you.
This is NOT the case with many other retailers.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I will henceforward say anatomy.
I didn't know what physiology meant, but I think the word you were looking for was "physique." Physique is better than anatomy, in this context, in my view. Physique has to do with the external shape of the body, as opposed to anatomy, which has to do with the structure of the body, but typically more in terms of what's inside (heart, lungs, veins, etc.). Most students taking anatomy in school do dissections, which hopefully isn't something your tailor would need to do.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My point is, that unless a model really works for you
which they extrapolate to MTM, they won't sell it to you.
So you're saying since the salesmen seemed positive about the fit in store, that's a good sign? (i.e. they weren't just humoring me)

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you're saying since the salesmen seemed positive about the fit in store, that's a good sign? (i.e. they weren't just humoring me)

When I went to The Armoury to try out the models (the 3, the Orazio stuff, and the hundred series) they were very honest about the ones that worked and the ones that didn’t…

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't know what physiology meant, but I think the word you were looking for was "physique." Physique is better than anatomy, in this context, in my view. Physique has to do with the external shape of the body, as opposed to anatomy, which has to do with the structure of the body, but typically more in terms of what's inside (heart, lungs, veins, etc.). Most students taking anatomy in school do dissections, which hopefully isn't something your tailor would need to do.
Agree.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads