Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J. Hilburn Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bradleyc, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bradleyc

bradleyc Member

Hi All,

I am looking to purchase a suit and came in contact with a "stylist" for J. Hilburn. She told me that they are starting to sell suits but did not have a sample to provide me. These suits are MTM. She tells me they have great quality but I have no experience with them and would not be comfortable purchasing a suit for $700 that I have never seen.

Can anyone provide me with some input regarding J. Hilburn suits?
    Does anyone have other suggestions? I am looking for a black suit. My budget is $700.

I had a local tailor I use on occasion tell me he could get me a Prive by Baroni suit (I am not familiar with the brand) for significantly less than $700 and said he could tailor it to fit me beautifully? Do you think this would be a better alternative?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. The suit is for my wedding.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

2. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Senior member

Wow, this is the most stellar piece of spam I have ever seen.

:worship2:

3. bradleyc

bradleyc Member

I am just trying to get a non-biased opinion about the suits but anytime I research them I only find items related to selling of the suits.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

4. TonyThe Tailor

TonyThe Tailor Senior member

Going to give Astor & Bleck a run for their Spam money

5. bradleyc

bradleyc Member

The Prive Baroni suit was quoted to me with all the alterations at $420. The material was Super 150's, 100% worsted wool, side vents, 2 button front.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Wow, it does seem like a whole bunch of J. Hilburn people got on all at once and posted within minutes of each other. Bradley, if you are serious about the company I think I saw another thread on them here on the forum, possibly an affiliate thread. It appears they are going down the Astor & Black (and before them Tom James) model where there are sales folks around the country who show you samples, measure, talk about details, then send off for construction. I can't speak to quality, but it at least seems that people don't jump into that business without offering quality fabrics. (just my opinion, because I bought some A&B suits when the company was fairly young and I thought the fabric quality and construction was very good).

7. bradleyc

bradleyc Member

Since it's too early to ask about the J. Hilburn suits how about the Prive Baroni suits?

8. HenryFlower

HenryFlower Senior member

Wow. Lots of low post count members all enthusiastically recommending the same service.

Almost like a coordinated astroturf marketing strategy. Almost. If it was coordinated, it wouldn't be so ham handed, one would hope.

9. bradleyc

bradleyc Member

Nothing gentlemen? I would love some input here. Help an aspiring suit aficionado out.