• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sdig14

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

How does the Wallingford II fit? The website says it is the most generous last fit wise, so close to TTS?

Only stuff I have bought from you are the sneakers, and I am an 8.5D and 7.5UK seem to be fine.

Thanks in advance!

papado

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

How does the Wallingford II fit? The website says it is the most generous last fit wise, so close to TTS?

Only stuff I have bought from you are the sneakers, and I am an 8.5D and 7.5UK seem to be fine.

Thanks in advance!

I would wait for Justin's input but my experience with LPB (which is just a slightly less chiseled MGF according to the website) was that you may have to size down an extra half size depending on size/instep. I'm a standard US 11D with a normal [to my knwoledge] instep and I wear 11D US in AE; 10E C&J and JLP; 10.5E EG&GG but my Sebastien in 10E UK were a little roomy and after a while once i broke them in the instep was just too much for me. I regretfully had to sell but if I were to try JF again I would opt for the 9.5E UK and I think I'd be just fine.

Also note the Wallingford has 6 eyelets so you will have more room in the instep vs those with 5 (again, I'm stealing this from JF website).

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Justin,

Thanks in advance!

The MGF and LPB are the most generous, yes.

I would take the UK7 at least. The main difference is the instep which is significantly more generous.

I hope that this helps

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Sdig14 FWIW as another data point I'm a 10.5D bordering on E with a high instep and wear 9.5UK in everything Justin. I have the calf/suede Wallingford and the facings close completely for me, but the shoe doesn't slip or anything. I don't think I could size down, but at the same time I don't feel there's enough room for a tongue pad, or that one's necessary. This would be a case for quarter sizes if there were any :p If you have a low volume foot and low instep I could see a7 working as Justin suggested since the shoe does have some length.

Kamil1987

Reaction score
Easily my most comfortable pair. First day I wore them 12h non-stop without any problem.

IMG_20190321_092331.jpg

RickyTakhar

Reaction score
The MGF and LPB are the most generous, yes.

I would take the UK7 at least. The main difference is the instep which is significantly more generous.

I hope that this helps
Hi Justin, looking to purchase a pair of your plain brown cap toe oxfords. Does the 20% pre order discount apply to all sizes? Also are these availabe to try on in your London store? I am in London frequently and would like to nail down my fit by trying on in person. Thanks

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Justin, looking to purchase a pair of your plain brown cap toe oxfords. Does the 20% pre order discount apply to all sizes? Also are these availabe to try on in your London store? I am in London frequently and would like to nail down my fit by trying on in person. Thanks

PreOrder discount only applies to sizes not available. If we have the stock, we don't give a discount. You are getting a discount to wait to receive the stock. You are more than welcome to come get sized up in London yes, but I might not have the stock in the exact model but we can figure it out nonetheless

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Dear JF Supporters,

Welcome to our Private Sale. This is the first of its kind with the J.FitzPatrick brand but wanted to try something new in the ever-evolving world and shoe industry.

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BELOW BEFORE PURCHASING

https://us.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/the-private-sale

You might notice these models from our AW18 PreSale. And truth be told, they are all from that sale. With the launch of the US business and the Sneaker collection (coming at the same time), we somewhat over-shot our abilities to take in so much stock and ended up leaving these models as overstock in the factory for lack of room and finances to take on all that we had ordered and were trying to accomplish with our expansion to the US market.

Therefore, as no one wants great shoes sitting on shelves collecting dust, we thought to offer these up as a sort of Private Online Sample Sale, discounting all of these shoes/boots to 40% off. At the same time, we have decided to get rid of these two colorways in our sneaker collection to make room for new options coming soon.

A few facts about this sale to take note:
  • From one week after this email is sent (March 25th, 2019), the shoes will take up to 2 weeks to receive. Being a flash sale, we will accumulate the orders, and then have the factory ship us the shoes to then ship to all of you.
  • Shoes purchased in bundles will only be sent as a bundle, no split shipping unless you want to pay extra
  • Button boots do not come with button hooks. They must be purchased separately
  • You can only access this sale with this link so keep it handy when adding other products to your cart as you cannot find it live on the site
  • This sale is only on our US site but if you are based in the UK/EU (excl. Norway/Switzerland), you will not be liable for import taxation. So for those of you in Europe, you will not pay custom’s duties
https://us.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/collections/the-private-sale

We hope that you all find something that you like. And of course, for any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Justin FitzPatrick

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-12-october-2018-hero-00057.jpg

J-CE1D~1.JPG

J-65F1~1.JPG

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-28-september-2018-hero-00415.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-28-september-2018-hero-00285.jpg

shoewarma

Reaction score
Hey Justin,

I'm considering buying a few belts, one in snuff and one in dark museum. I don't know how familiar you are with Carlos Santos' patinas, but would you say that the dark museum is close to the coimbra? I want one to match my pair of double monk straps. Also, my waist measures 34", but I can get away wearing 32" and 33" pants. Would the 36" be my best option?

Thanks a lot.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Justin,

I'm considering buying a few belts, one in snuff and one in dark museum. I don't know how familiar you are with Carlos Santos' patinas, but would you say that the dark museum is close to the coimbra? I want one to match my pair of double monk straps. Also, my waist measures 34", but I can get away wearing 32" and 33" pants. Would the 36" be my best option?

Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear it! Thank you!

Unfortunately I would be lying if I said that I am familiar with that color by Santos...have you never seen DB museum calf in a shoe? It's the same leather. As per size, if your belt measures 34 on the spot, then the 36 should be the right size as that is the measurement from the belt buckle to the middle hole. Sorry I couldn't help with regards to the color. But am sure that if you feel them close enough no one will see that they are truly different. Getting an exact match will be difficult

Dembowski

Reaction score
I am not wearing black shoes/boots (the only exemption are black oxford used 1 - 2 a year for extremely official occasions). However I am planing/considering to purchase black trainers, with question how versatile they could be. Any suggestions - advice?

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-9-november-2017-hero-trainers-on-feet-0361_1024x1024@2x.jpg
j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-9-november-2017-hero-trainers-on-feet-0417_1024x1024@2x.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am not wearing black shoes/boots (the only exemption are black oxford used 1 - 2 a year for extremely official occasions). However I am planing/considering to purchase black trainers, with question how versatile they could be. Any suggestions - advice?

View attachment 1155871 View attachment 1155872
Black suede with contrast sole is more casual and would be more usable in my opinion. I own GYW shoes with those colors/materials and find them to go with many more casual outfits than solid black.

Dembowski

Reaction score
Filmy after, but black suede is not easy to keep clean. Furthermore I do have more casual/semi-smart sneakers, so if selected, more smart would be preferable. The perfect option would be brown suede, but are not on sale. :-(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads