• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoewarma

Reaction score
It took a whole month or so after receiving the Redmond III for me to finally wear them because the weather has been super nasty here. They are simply beautiful, and they really come to life under natural light. The fit is near perfect, if not perfect. The length of the last is ideal for me, and while it seems like it is narrow in the toe box from my point of view, it's width is actually perfect. I will say that the instep is a bit "fat", if that makes sense, but it isn't overly spacious and is again a perfect fit. It would have been nicer if it was less voluminous, but that doesn't take away from the fact that these shoes look fantastic. Because of that, my feet weren't in pain whatsoever. The only cosmetic flaw I noticed was in the broguing beside the lacing on the right shoe, where one of the holes is misaligned. It's pretty annoying because I'm a stickler for precision, but it's not a huge flaw. Just something to keep in mind for you, Justin. Apart from that, I'm very pleased with these. Easy 9/10.

FullSizeRender (7).jpg
IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2341.JPG

Last edited:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
It took a whole month or so after receiving the Redmond III for me to finally wear them because the weather has been super nasty here. They are simply beautiful, and they really come to life under natural light. The fit is near perfect, if not perfect. The length of the last is ideal for me, and while it seems like it is narrow in the toe box from my point of view, it's width is actually perfect. I will say that the instep is a bit "fat", if that makes sense, but it isn't overly spacious and is again a perfect fit. It would have been nicer if it was less voluminous, but that doesn't take away from the fact that these shoes look fantastic. Because of that, my feet weren't in pain whatsoever. The only cosmetic flaw I noticed was in the broguing beside the lacing on the right shoe, where one of the holes is misaligned. It's pretty annoying because I'm a stickler for precision, but it's not a huge flaw. Just something to keep in mind for you, Justin. Apart from that, I'm very pleased with these. Easy 9/10.

View attachment 1131621 View attachment 1131622
View attachment 1131640

Thanks for your feedback, in all points. That brogueing bit is strange. Not even sure how they did that. It's a machine that adds brogueing so must have stopped and started again and did so without paying good attention. But I appreciate you letting me know so that I can share the image with the factory. Do enjoy them and thanks again for your support!

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THE SHOE SNOB MARKETPLACE

A new forum to buy and sell shoes. Please read on

I have recently teamed up with Gaurav Mehra (of Shop Mehra,) another player in the shoe industry to create what we hope will become the number place one for Shoe Brands to sell off their hard to sell stock, whether that be ‘seconds,’ old stock, MTO’s made incorrectly, returns etc. And thus create a place for the customers to easily get a chance to find things that would otherwise cost a trip to Europe, or wherever, to queue up at the factory store and potentially find nothing. It would be the perfect option for both the vendor and customer to find a way to both be happy by selling off undesirables, customers getting what they want and all doing so at minimal risk. And so we have created ‘The Shoe Snob Marketplace.’

However, as this is a new venture, what we have decided to do in order to build this into our grand idea is to first allow normal individuals, like you or me, to sell off their shoes and for other normal people to buy them, much like any buy & sell forum. (When I say at first, I don’t mean that it will every stop). A shoe company will only be enticed to set up shop on this Marketplace when they see it thriving with other people taking part. That being, we need lots of people to start taking part to make this a place where anyone can find a great deal and certainly something that will entice them, not only to buy but to keep coming back. The more people that join by listing their shoes, the more people that come to buy, the more traffic the Marketplace has, all equates to the more likely some English, Italian or Japanese shoe brand that everyone wants will be enticed to list off those 50 pairs they have had sitting in their factory that they just can’t seem to get rid of and list them at a great price!

Can you see our vision? Once we get the brands on board, it will be a great place to find things you wouldn’t otherwise find by simply entering a shop. It will be like an online sample sale at all times!

——————————————-

I am going to start this off by listing 15 or so pairs of my own shoes to show you that this is a safe, trustworthy and easy site to buy and sell from. We have built a relatively foolproof system that anyone can take part in and do so quite easily. So allow me to explain what is required to be a purchaser and a vendor.

1. To be a purchaser, you simply need a regular Paypal account. This is the only thing required and of course to set up an account with the Marketplace. But this is easy and is the standard when joining any buy and sell forum.

–One thing to note as a purchaser is that if you are buying from a business, you will be liable for taxation based on the state/country’s tax laws

2. To be a seller is not difficult but slightly more involved.

–To ensure more safety and security for all, one must register a business account with Paypal. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU NEED TO OWN A BUSINESS. It is just a business account that makes it more secure for both sellers and the buyers.

–Setting up a new product takes about 2 minutes. Everything is pretty much listed there for you with drop down boxes. Simply select and click, upload your images and write as much description you want.

–We take a 5% cut on all transactions. This comes directly out of your sale and the rest goes straight into your Paypal account.

–You can set up shipping prices by continent and within each continent can dictate prices on individual countries too if you want to have separate charges for each country.

–When you have a message you will see ‘My Account’ button flashing which is a prompt to check your messages. From the messages, you can edit the pricing on a product from an inquiry from a purchaser, on both product price and shipping costs

——————————————–

There are some slight drawbacks though that I want to discuss, for both vendors and purchasers.

1. Multiple products cannot be added to the cart. This is for several reasons. One because vendors could be different. Two, to prevent fraud. The way to get around this for example if you want to buy multiple shoes from one vendor is to simply send a message to the vendor from one of their product pages. You will find a message box at the bottom of the page (see screenshot). From here, the vendor can make a custom price on both the product and the shipping.
  2. Alternatively, you can make refunds to orders after the fact. So if you sell 3 pairs of shoes and 3x shipping prices, and want to offer some refunds on the shipping, you can always do that after the orders have been made.
  3. Customer support can be found by emailing: [email protected]

I am sure that there will be more questions that I might have missed but hopefully you all find this to be a useful venue for finding things you wouldn’t elsewhere and also have a new place to sell of your shoes, with a target audience catered to being interested in shoes as this will be consistently marketed by The Shoe Snob Blog.

See below the pairs that I am selling off, one Gaziano & Girling included.

Happy Shopping and Selling!!

Justin FitzPatrick

https://marketplace.theshoesnobblog.com/

DSCF4454.JPG

DSCF4899.JPG

DSCF4884.JPG

DSCF4463.JPG

DSCF4472.JPG

DSCF4424.JPG

DSCF4833.JPG

DSCF4910.JPG

DSCF4433.JPG

DSCF4925.JPG

DSCF4445.JPG

DSCF5359.jpg

4r36

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered a Redmond III. Although Fitzpatrick is better known for its creative designs, I believe this shoe represents one of the most beautiful classical semi-brogue out there...

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THE SHOE SNOB MARKETPLACE

A new forum to buy and sell shoes. Please read on

I have recently teamed up with Gaurav Mehra (of Shop Mehra,) another player in the shoe industry to create what we hope will become the number place one for Shoe Brands to sell off their hard to sell stock, whether that be ‘seconds,’ old stock, MTO’s made incorrectly, returns etc. And thus create a place for the customers to easily get a chance to find things that would otherwise cost a trip to Europe, or wherever, to queue up at the factory store and potentially find nothing. It would be the perfect option for both the vendor and customer to find a way to both be happy by selling off undesirables, customers getting what they want and all doing so at minimal risk. And so we have created ‘The Shoe Snob Marketplace.’

However, as this is a new venture, what we have decided to do in order to build this into our grand idea is to first allow normal individuals, like you or me, to sell off their shoes and for other normal people to buy them, much like any buy & sell forum. (When I say at first, I don’t mean that it will every stop). A shoe company will only be enticed to set up shop on this Marketplace when they see it thriving with other people taking part. That being, we need lots of people to start taking part to make this a place where anyone can find a great deal and certainly something that will entice them, not only to buy but to keep coming back. The more people that join by listing their shoes, the more people that come to buy, the more traffic the Marketplace has, all equates to the more likely some English, Italian or Japanese shoe brand that everyone wants will be enticed to list off those 50 pairs they have had sitting in their factory that they just can’t seem to get rid of and list them at a great price!

Can you see our vision? Once we get the brands on board, it will be a great place to find things you wouldn’t otherwise find by simply entering a shop. It will be like an online sample sale at all times!

——————————————-

I am going to start this off by listing 15 or so pairs of my own shoes to show you that this is a safe, trustworthy and easy site to buy and sell from. We have built a relatively foolproof system that anyone can take part in and do so quite easily. So allow me to explain what is required to be a purchaser and a vendor.

1. To be a purchaser, you simply need a regular Paypal account. This is the only thing required and of course to set up an account with the Marketplace. But this is easy and is the standard when joining any buy and sell forum.

–One thing to note as a purchaser is that if you are buying from a business, you will be liable for taxation based on the state/country’s tax laws

2. To be a seller is not difficult but slightly more involved.

–To ensure more safety and security for all, one must register a business account with Paypal. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU NEED TO OWN A BUSINESS. It is just a business account that makes it more secure for both sellers and the buyers.

–Setting up a new product takes about 2 minutes. Everything is pretty much listed there for you with drop down boxes. Simply select and click, upload your images and write as much description you want.

–We take a 5% cut on all transactions. This comes directly out of your sale and the rest goes straight into your Paypal account.

–You can set up shipping prices by continent and within each continent can dictate prices on individual countries too if you want to have separate charges for each country.

–When you have a message you will see ‘My Account’ button flashing which is a prompt to check your messages. From the messages, you can edit the pricing on a product from an inquiry from a purchaser, on both product price and shipping costs

——————————————–

There are some slight drawbacks though that I want to discuss, for both vendors and purchasers.

1. Multiple products cannot be added to the cart. This is for several reasons. One because vendors could be different. Two, to prevent fraud. The way to get around this for example if you want to buy multiple shoes from one vendor is to simply send a message to the vendor from one of their product pages. You will find a message box at the bottom of the page (see screenshot). From here, the vendor can make a custom price on both the product and the shipping.
  2. Alternatively, you can make refunds to orders after the fact. So if you sell 3 pairs of shoes and 3x shipping prices, and want to offer some refunds on the shipping, you can always do that after the orders have been made.
  3. Customer support can be found by emailing: [email protected]

I am sure that there will be more questions that I might have missed but hopefully you all find this to be a useful venue for finding things you wouldn’t elsewhere and also have a new place to sell of your shoes, with a target audience catered to being interested in shoes as this will be consistently marketed by The Shoe Snob Blog.

See below the pairs that I am selling off, one Gaziano & Girling included.

Happy Shopping and Selling!!

Justin FitzPatrick

https://marketplace.theshoesnobblog.com/

View attachment 1132050

View attachment 1132051

View attachment 1132052

View attachment 1132053

View attachment 1132054

View attachment 1132055

View attachment 1132056

View attachment 1132057

View attachment 1132058

View attachment 1132059

View attachment 1132060

View attachment 1132061

Is there a way to send an offer? Or is that what the message box is for

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I love green shoes! I've currently got six pairs in various shades of suede, calf, CXL, and shell (with two additional green shells on order). I think they're way more usable than most people think. I'll definitely be checking your blog post later tonight; I try to check in at least once a week for updates anyway.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Summer is around the corner and we, at J.FitzPatrick Footwear, are gearing up for our SS19 collection. As usual, we like to offer those of you eager to get your pair in a chance at pre-ordering them at a 20% discount.

As we will be ordering what is purchased during the PreSale, we have opened up the sizing to offer UK5, UK5.5 and UK11.5 (US6, US6.5 and US12.5,) all sizes that are usually MTO so do take advantage of that if you fall into one of those 3 sizes.

The three colors on offer are:

Dark Brown Suede — This is your go-to loafer color that can easily pair with pretty much all of the attire one would wear in the Summer, from jeans to linens to even a nice pair of smartly cut cotton shorts. You really can’t go wrong with this colorway

Navy Suede on Natural Sole — This is our ‘fun’ option for those of you a bit more bold, daring and looking to really spruce up your Summer attire this season. This one is definitely a head-turner/eye-catcher so don’t be surprised when you are walking down the street and getting a lot of looks!

Black Suede — My personal favorite and a color choice that often goes slept on, but what most don’t think about is that for me, this is an all-year-round option, even though it is braided. Black suede is so easy to wear with pretty much everything and being that black suede is usually very deep and rich in its blackness, it is actually quite a dressy option at that and can easily transition from a pair of jeans to a suit!

Please Note, these are a PreSale product. This means that after the sale is over, we will order them and they will arrive 3-4 months later. This is why we give you a 20% discount.

The Sale will end the evening March 16th, 2019, Pacific Standard Time (California, USA)

For any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] for US inquiries or [email protected] for Worldwide inquiries.

Happy Shopping

Justin FitzPatrick

www.us.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com
www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-banner-loafer-long-2-2019.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-5-october-2018-0386.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-banner-loafer-instagram-3-2019.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-5-october-2018-0386.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-banner-loafer-instagram-1-2019.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-collection-15-november-2017-laurelhurst.jpg

j-fitzpatrick-footwear-banner-loafer-instagram-2-2019.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads