• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

My comments were overly harsh and uncalled for, and am publicly retracting them here.  It's wrong for an anonymous poster (me) to call out and argue with a legit poster who is going by his real name.  And for that my apologies.

The whole shoe snob deal, anti-Italian, and pro England/Japanese bespoke was where I should have stopped.  That is fair teasing, and for what it's worth I do read and enjoy the blog and do believe those little jabs to some extent.

Regarding Justin's shoe line, I was recently looking at one of his picture of the collection and there is no doubt there are some nice shoes.  As it stands I am not a fan of two-tone especially when the two colors are very different (or polarizing), and as many see Justin makes a lot of these types of shoes.  So if anything my negativity is directed to the style. 

I enjoy message board readings and the occasional arguments.  But again as mentioned at the top here most of this was uncalled for.

Thank you for your kind words and apology. That shows great integrity.

A bit of banter is never a problem and even I can be a culprit of that.

Thanks for reading the blog.

Justin

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
And I find it curious that he has the money for a pair of bespoke G & G shoes (with ample shots and praises in his blog) but has insufficient funds for even making a complete set of samples. Or is he a hack?
This.. my friends... is what you expect to hear from someone who has never run a clothing company.

Fiddler

Reaction score
Hi Justin

Sorry to bring this up here but it's the most convenient channel for me.

I purchased a pair of shoes from you when you launched and enjoy wearing them. I don't know if/when I'll get another pair simply because my closet is full at the moment.

But I am getting regular emails from your site even though I clicked on the unsubscribe button....Ive unsubscribed about three times now.

I am sure some other company is handling your online sales but could you have a word to them to take these unsubscribe requests a bit more seriously...otherwise it's pointless to give people that option.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this isn't the place to bring it up...but I did try via the normal channels.

Cheers

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Justin

Sorry to bring this up here but it's the most convenient channel for me.

I purchased a pair of shoes from you when you launched and enjoy wearing them. I don't know if/when I'll get another pair simply because my closet is full at the moment.

But I am getting regular emails from your site even though I clicked on the unsubscribe button....Ive unsubscribed about three times now.

I am sure some other company is handling your online sales but could you have a word to them to take these unsubscribe requests a bit more seriously...otherwise it's pointless to give people that option.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this isn't the place to bring it up...but I did try via the normal channels.

Cheers

Sorry that this has happened. I do use a system that gathers my emails and then have someone else running/managing it, so yes communication can be a bit messy sometimes. I am sorry that it has been like this for you.

If you can please either email me ([email protected]) or PM to give me your full name and email, I can then ensure that I remove it manually, for good.

Thanks again for your support and happy to know that you have at least been enjoying your Laurelhurst loafers.

-Justin

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those that might be interested, the e-commerce site for our footwear range just went live last week and we are offering free worldwide shipping for the month of April

On another note, I have also just started a contest to win some free product, of which includes a pair of shoes. If you are interested in participating please see the link below for the rules:

I hope that everyone enjoys the long weekend!!

best

Justin

Last edited:

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those that might be interested, the e-commerce site for our footwear range just went live last week and we are offering free worldwide shipping for the month of April
Justin

This is a generous offer. How do you feel about me ordering two pair of boots and then returning the pair that does not fit?
I could tell your my sizes in the most EG, C&J, G&G etc etc but this approach is not guaranteed. I would therefore order two pairs and then try them at home, keep the one that fits and return the one that does not. If this is OK with you, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is a generous offer. How do you feel about me ordering two pair of boots and then returning the pair that does not fit?
I could tell your my sizes in the most EG, C&J, G&G etc etc but this approach is not guaranteed. I would therefore order two pairs and then try them at home, keep the one that fits and return the one that does not. If this is OK with you, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

That is fine with me providing that you know that you would have to pay for the shipping back to us. My shoes fit more closely to C&J than the other two, particularly the 348 last, just not quite as elongated. Thanks for your interest and support.

Facebook liked and email sent.  

Thanks D. Whatever happened to your Wallingfords. Did you manage to sell them in the end?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks D. Whatever happened to your Wallingfords. Did you manage to sell them in the end?

I did. They found a good home. I am keeping an eye on your future releases in the MFG last. Is the width a tad more generous than the JKF last?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I did.  They found a good home.  I am keeping an eye on your future releases in the MFG last.  Is the width a tad more generous than the JKF last?  

That's good, I am glad but of course sad that they did not work out for you.

Not really to be honest, maybe a fraction, but nothing significant. The MGF last for me, will be what I start my conservative models off in. Thinking of doing the Magnolia and my old Fremont on the MGF last. The LPB (slightly softer) is what I am really going forward with coming A/W

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm ready to jump right in and order. Debating on two oxfords: greenwood brown suede or windmere mocha calf. For this price point, I am expecting The quality level to be on par with Carmina. Judging from the other posters (Euro & Roger) showing their interest, I would imagine my expectations will be met.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the updates.  LPB looks very nice as well. 

My pleasure. Thanks as always for your support in the blog.

I'm ready to jump right in and order. Debating on two oxfords: greenwood brown suede or windmere mocha calf. For this price point, I am expecting The quality level to be on par with Carmina. Judging from the other posters (Euro & Roger) showing their interest, I would imagine my expectations will be met.

"As good as Carmina" is up for debate, particularly as I feel that Carmina undervalue their own shoes, by a lot. They could easily sell for +£450 and they would still be worth it. We have different traits that make us good. They definitely have more hand techniques (fudge wheel on the welt, nails on the toe etc) than my own do but I do think that my own shoes are a good price for what you get. Just want to be honest.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think you will be disappointed especially with the lower risk of free shipping.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really appreciate the honestly, Justin. I definitely agree with your opinion on Carmina, I would pay C&J prices for them with no gripes. Your prices seem very fair for what you offer and the free shipping is a huge bonus. Thanks for the reply.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads