• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jorshillay

Reaction score
Another feature is that crust leather is softer thus the creases are more predominant than box calf leather.

You should strip off the whole shoes and apply the patina, otherwise it'll just look weird.

An experienced local cobbler should do a decent job.
That's important to think about, thank you. Sorry if this is a silly question, but is museum calf the same as crust leather? I was struggling to find information on the differences, even though they look similar. If they're different, my shoes are the former.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
My friend @dieworkwear and I were talking the other day about how well Justin is doing with his shoes.

I for one am a big fan.

DWW, well…, he would prefer to see somebody wearing sneakers with a suit or sports coat than the more progressive oxfords Justin is producing.

Adhazem

Reaction score
That's important to think about, thank you. Sorry if this is a silly question, but is museum calf the same as crust leather? I was struggling to find information on the differences, even though they look similar. If they're different, my shoes are the former.

My understanding is, and I could be wrong, is that museum calf is drum dyed at the tannery to get the random staining of the dye. Crust is intentionally left unfinished to be dyed at the point of processing by the customers. What impact that difference may have on different leather characteristics you’re gonna have to get someone with a lot more experience than me.

Happy to see this thread. Love J. Fitzpatrick footwear. Justin himself has always been a gentleman with me too whenever I reached out with questions about fitment and stuff
D6D86CBF-7A12-472A-A2DF-C2AC67D898F4.jpeg
EE8CA13C-7D21-48B0-8709-44A2EC9672CD.jpeg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My friend @dieworkwear and I were talking the other day about how well Justin is doing with his shoes.

I for one am a big fan.

DWW, well…, he would prefer to see somebody wearing sneakers with a suit or sports coat than the more progressive oxfords Justin is producing.
I think he might clutch his pearls at the sight of my Tony IIs:

TonyII.jpg

That last runs a bit big, and these days I would take a half-size smaller in most anything anyway, so I've still never worn them. Not letting them go, though, because I think they have great aesthetic beauty as an object on their own, and from time to time I greatly enjoy just looking at and handling them.

These guys, though, were very much meant for me to wear:

TonyIIb.jpg

The Lynnwood is (was?) a very versatile model. And you can even wear it with tailored trousers and a sportcoat! ;)

TheChihuahua

Reaction score

View attachment 1673600

That last runs a bit big, and these days I would take a half-size smaller in most anything anyway, so I've still never worn them. Not letting them go, though, because I think they have great aesthetic beauty as an object on their own, and from time to time I greatly enjoy just looking at and handling them.

View attachment 1673603

The Lynnwood is (was?) a very versatile model. And you can even wear it with tailored trousers and a sportcoat! ;)

gorgeous.

so versatile. Wear them with a suit, or use them to spruce up a sports coat with wool trousers type look.

very nice.

papado

Reaction score

I feel your pain on the LPB last as I still lament to this day the fact I bought the Sebastien [GOAT in Copper Museum Calf] in my standard size UK10/US11 only to have the instep be too voluminous [along with everything else] once they broke in. I may have to order another pair one day a half size down...

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain on the LPB last as I still lament to this day the fact I bought the Sebastien [GOAT in Copper Museum Calf] in my standard size UK10/US11 only to have the instep be too voluminous [along with everything else] once they broke in. I may have to order another pair one day a half size down...

I feel you on this, I often wonder what they'd fit like in 1/2 a size down. I can live with the extra length, I think some thicker socks might fix the fit for me otherwise.

nubirth

Reaction score
What happened to the buy 2 at full price get the 3rd pair free promotion?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads