• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WhereNext

Reaction score
3 pairs of beauties delivered today. Couldn't be more pleased about how they look.....can't wait to wear them starting tomorrow and start breaking them in!

View attachment 1604041
View attachment 1604042
View attachment 1604043
View attachment 1604044

One of the many things I love about my shoes/boots from J. Fitzpatrick: they break in for me so quickly and well. I've worn all three to the office over the last three days, and all were pleasantly snug on first putting them on and comfortable to wear for the next 10 hours. Granted, I'm desk bound, but I've had plenty of shoes in my life that, even when broken in, just having them on my feet for that long would have been slightly painful.
Worth noting that's the case for all 3 of these even though they're three different leathers, three different types of soles, and two different lasts (1 LPB and 2 TMG). The leather sole (purple suede top) will take another few wears to get all the way there; the other two are on different-from-each-other rubber soles and I think will be 90% of the way "there" after one more wear.

apd90700

Reaction score
K gents, value match-up. JF line penny loafers [$275] vs Skolyx penny loafers [$219]. Go!

IMO, Skolyx is probably having their shoes made by the other prominent Mallorca based shoe maker they sell, so it would be similar to the Mallorca Mainline in features. As for the JF line, value compresses once you buy three pairs since you get the third pair free.

Skolyx
1620337077613.png

JF
1620337101874.png

apd90700

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the JF Washington Penny Loafers?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
K gents, value match-up. JF line penny loafers [$275] vs Skolyx penny loafers [$219]. Go!

IMO, Skolyx is probably having their shoes made by the other prominent Mallorca based shoe maker they sell, so it would be similar to the Mallorca Mainline in features. As for the JF line, value compresses once you buy three pairs since you get the third pair free.

Skolyx
View attachment 1605812

JF
View attachment 1605813

My experience with JF has always been on top.

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Hi I am looking at getting a pair of boots from J fitz. I wear Vass Size 43 Eur in U (perfect fit) last and 9.5 UK in Carmina Alcudia Last (quite loose on heel but snug with thicker socks). Anyone owns baker last? Or any other last you recommend for narrow to regular heel and regular to wide toe. Thanks!✌

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alcudia is a pretty slim last. You could look at LPB in Justin's offerings. I wouldn't call any of his especially narrow though. The other option is always to email the man directly - he's good about sizing advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads