• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThePhantomHorse

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20200308_152918.jpg
    20200308_152918.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 164
  • 20200330_172251.jpg
    20200330_172251.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 411

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Justin - Do you still sell Saphir products? I couldn't find them at JFitzPatrick or The Shoe Snob.

I do not....they do at The Shoe Snob though

I no longer run the accessories company fyi. I sold the rights to it, to focus on my shoe brand

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this pair of lightly used Marcos loafers on eBay that will be put into service as house slippers.

Cannot find any data on the MFC last anyone know what it is like?

Does the "S" circled mean this was a Second or a Sample?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked up this pair of lightly used Marcos loafers on eBay that will be put into service as house slippers.

Cannot find any data on the MFC last anyone know what it is like?

Does the "S" circled mean this was a Second or a Sample?

View attachment 1371979

MFC last was one that I used when I launched the brand. It was one that my factory had in their stock and allowed me to use. I never liked the fit of it and only intended to use lasts that I created, so after I launched, I quickly developed my own set of chisel last. Once ready, I replaced this last with those.

The S will refer to it being sold in a sample sale. No one can tell you if it was a 2nd or not. If you see some noticeable flaw in it then yes, it was a 2nd. If not, then it was just leftover/old stock that we got rid of in a sample sale. It was most likely the latter as I did not have this model around long enough to make many 2nds of it

Xune

Reaction score
Hey,
Any plans for relaunching Olympia sneaker? I believe I saw sneakpeak on Instagram some time ago, hinting new factory?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey,
Any plans for relaunching Olympia sneaker? I believe I saw sneakpeak on Instagram some time ago, hinting new factory?

yes, but the world crisis put a major dent on that and probably won't do so now until next year as it will most likely be too late now to get them launched in the time frame that I had wanted to

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross post from the boot thread.

More boots in the pipeline:

Brand: J.FitzPatrick
Model: Snoqualmie
Last: TMG
Sole: Rubber
Colour: Rugged brown

Note: This boots bought from J.FitzPatrick are a great option for jeans, chinos and cords. The quality of the leather is surprising. The sizing advice in the web site is accurate. I believe that J.FitzPatrick revived the traditional hicking boot for (almost) city use, nowadays Cheaney and Barker are offering something similar. Maybe a black grain MTO could be added to my bucket list.

IMG_0233.JPG

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0235.JPG

IMG_0236.JPG

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about the LPB/MGF last.

The website says it fits "more like an ee than an e." I generally wear a US8EEE shoe or occasionally US8.5E (8.5E brannock). Do you think I could get away with the UK7.5E in the LPB/MGF, or would I need to go to a UK7F or even a UK7.5F?

@The Shoe Snob

Last edited:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question about the LPB/MGF last.

The website says it fits "more like an ee than an e." I generally wear a US8EEE shoe or occasionally US8.5E (8.5E brannock). Do you think I could get away with the UK7.5E in the LPB/MGF, or would I need to go to a UK7F or even a UK7.5F?

@The Shoe Snob

I am glad that you commented as I need to update that for US sizing, as when I wrote that I was a UK based brand, so was basically saying that it is wider than a standard width (more like an American E, than a D). As per your question, it is hard to answer as I have had some compare against their AE 'E' width and say it translates just fine, but then some others that needed F. It's hard to really say unfortunately as fit is so subjective. If your true size is US8EEE and you really need that width, I fear that the US8.5 might be quite snug.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you commented as I need to update that for US sizing, as when I wrote that I was a UK based brand, so was basically saying that it is wider than a standard width (more like an American E, than a D). As per your question, it is hard to answer as I have had some compare against their AE 'E' width and say it translates just fine, but then some others that needed F. It's hard to really say unfortunately as fit is so subjective. If your true size is US8EEE and you really need that width, I fear that the US8.5 might be quite snug.

I may have to break down and just purchase a pair of the UK7.5E and just to try getting my fit down and then doing a MTO if I need a different size. I do wish there were some of the button up boots on either of those two lasts without doing the MTO.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Justin - Do you still sell Saphir products? I couldn't find them at JFitzPatrick or The Shoe Snob.

No, I stopped selling accessories a while ago. I sold the rights to sell my accessory range as well. They sell Saphir products at www.theshoesnob.com but I no longer control this site.

I now only sell JF branded shoe trees and that is it for now

Edit: sorry realized I already answered this, but I think that this was more in-depth

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads