J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

Verrihappily, two of your posts were deleted, neither of which was reported by Handmadeshoes -- even though, as an affiliate, he had the prerogative of having them deleted.

Rather, they were both deleted because they were reported by multiple members as rude trolling. And each one was deleted by a different mod who agreed.

I suggest you give it a rest.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

2. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

My posts were a response to The Shoe Snob's shameless belittling of Shipton & Heneage, which is owned by Matthew Cookson, whose fashion forward styles are much copied by lesser mortals, including the forum's favourite shoe shine boy turned designer wannabe.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014

3. sd2002

sd2002 Senior member

For whatever it is worth I checked Tom Little shoes they look nice, but too English for me personally which is too conservative. That one reason that with the exception of G&G I don't have any English maker on my wish list, it is purely personal taste. However, I have two of J. FitzPatrick shoes because they exactly like he advertise classic with modern twist. I am no expert to say if the give the BEST value for money but I think compare to other brand seem in the same range.
    One last thing, the fact that he started shoe shining and worked his was to be shoe maker is something to be proud of and nothing less than impressive.

P.S. The second shoe I bought was for my old man and I showed him a couple of different brands and he picked J.FitzPatrick. That there should tell you something :satisfied:

4. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for that Emptym. I hope that you have been well my friend

You are simply just a troll, face it.....you have not contributed anything to this forum except negativity and the purchasing of a couple of Isaia articles of clothing. Other than that, it was shameless praising of Tim Little and the slagging off Passaggio Cravatte and myself.

I did not belittle Shipton & Heneage, I have no reason to. I called them "small" as a brand, which in the grand scheme of things they are. Does that make me even smaller, yes of course it does. I did not deny that. My point was to say that I aspire to be bigger than them. The other thing that I said is that the majority of their models are simply rebranded C&J. I would be lying if I said otherwise. There is nothing wrong with that, that's their prerogative. I said it in order to explain how they can keep tooling costs down and thus sell at their price point. It was a matter of education, not slagging off.

And if you think that I copied any other these Matthew Cookson models in the link below, then you clearly don't know anything about shoes and should learn a thing or two from this forum: https://en.matthewcookson.com/shoes

When you say stupid things like "from shoe shine boy to shoe designer wannabe" that just makes you look bad as that is quite an accomplishment IMHO and I am proud of it. What do you do or have done outside of trying to take young, aspiring entrepreneurs down?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2014

5. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I do not know the statistics but I would think a great many people read Justin's shoe blog.

Is there a reason for your bile Verrihappy or is it just natural?

6. The Shoe Snob

What's funny @Culverwood is that Verihappy actually reads it even though no one else does, go figure....

Btw, hope that you are still enjoying your Laurelhursts!

7. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

A round of applause for the mods. Keep up the good work. Seems that more such work lies ahead.

8. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

I have been both complimentary and critical on here, though probably more to the latter. To honor this tradition I must say that the Magnolias as seen on JF's website are great looking shoes.

I will also say that lately the shoe snob blog theme has turned a bit more nasty and in attack mode. Between what appears bias towards certain advertisers of shoes, and now his own line to toot as better than the rest. All neutrality has been destroyed.

In other industries people call this a breach of independence and it can be a serious no-no. I guess as long as some readers read the blog and ad revenue comes thru the door it is okay to the shoe snob.

9. akoustas

akoustas Senior member

@Verrihappy You will find that trolling won't get you very far around these parts. Personal attacks on a hard working entrepreneur (regardless of your opinions on his work) only make you look small and petty.

10. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Dear mods,

please ban this user who pours the shortcomings of his life into trolling on Styleforum. He has naught to offer and into naught he should retreat.

11. jedwards

jedwards Senior member

I never understand why people are against popular bloggers taking freebies.

If you are a popular blogger about high end shoes (or any other high end product) ultimately, there is only so much spare money someone on a regular salary will be able to afford to buy and review.

So, if people want to keep reading shoesnob for his opinions about expensive footwear, at one point, they will need to accept he will have to take free shoes offered to him in order to keep reviewing.

Gaziano, John Lobb, Edwward Green etc - that's three pairs of shoes that will total £2k alone.
    Realistically, not many guys are going to be able to afford to spend that kind of money each month of shoes, so it makes sense for these brands to send Justin shoes so that he can give a fairly objective review of their stuff.

There's no such thing as 100% objectivity anyway.

As for the fact that you don't like his shoes or country of production, well fair enough, but other than saying it one time, what is the point in repeating again and again.

12. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

I think Justin has stated that that he gives away the received shoes after reviewing them, so there's less of an incentive for giving overly positive reviews because the shoes were free.

13. The Shoe Snob

14. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014

15. The Shoe Snob

For those of you in Toronto and surrounding areas, @Leatherfoot has just taken stock of these 5 J.FitzPatrick models below

We thank Leatherfoot for being J.FitzPatrick's first official stockist (as well as for these lovely photos!). Please visit the shop to see the shoes in person and even better, to try them on!

http://www.leatherfoot.com/store/shoes-j-fitzpatrick

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope that this helps some of you who have wanted to get to know the brand a bit more but have not been able to due to our previous outlet only being in London.

Sincerely,

Justin

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014