1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sartorium

Sartorium Well-Known Member

The red/oatmeal and plum/charcoal boots are both great. Making me want to sell one of my pairs of boots just so I have a hole to fill.

My first MTO is in the works but I have a sneaking suspicion it will not be my last.

2 people like this.
  2. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Senior member Affiliate Vendor

they were actually different. The red suede saddle Auroras were actually made for a lady customer

:D:D

3. The Shoe Snob

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. shoelearner

shoelearner Member

[​IMG]

My cellphone camera is really crappy, anyways:

Back row: from left to right: jfitzpatrick burgundy button boots, jfitzpatrick jodhpur boots, jfitzpatrick black button boots, jfitzpatrick green button boots.
    Middle row: herring blue fiennes, herring red shackleton, herring two tone shackleton, jfitzpatrick rainier
    Front row: herring drake, herring jasper double monk.

The green buttons, one boot developed a squeak, cobbler said the shank came loose, he repaired it, and now they are as great as ever !

Other than that incident (which may or may not have been my fault), Justin has responded to all my emails, he always ships my orders very quickly, the packaging is top-notch and sometimes Justin has included goodies for free, like one time he included a pair of travel shoe trees, I like a lot his stylish shoe designs and choice of colors.

Will keep supporting and buying jfitzpatrick footwear, and I recommend the brand to any shoe aficionado.

Looking forward to jfitzpatrick SS17.

Greetings gentlemen.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    5 people like this.
  5. MissingBuckley

MissingBuckley Member

^ Nice collection, man. I'm 4 deep into Justin's line -- the Green/Green Rainier, Plum Genessee, Suede Fauntleroy, and the Black Button boot. I've been obsessively checking the site and their social media for news of when that new cinnamon suede Aurora button shoe will drop as well as any news of a restock of the burgundy wallingford. Guess I'll be 6 deep pretty soon.

1 person likes this.
  6. chiconice

chiconice Member

I went to your web site these are on sale but you don't have the regular price posted or the pre sale is just the shoe trees?(I just need that anchoring). I will like to buy these shoes just because of there unique design but as you know these are not a popular model in the USA and this style is not trending by the fashion houses, so I will be solo wearing these babies and stand out(not a bad thing). I'm a loafer afficionado(late 30's) and I love to collect various types of penny loafers "old man" shoes.

7. chiconice

chiconice Member

I went to your web site these are on sale but you don't have the regular price posted or the pre sale is just the shoe trees?(I just need that anchoring). I will like to buy these shoes just because of there unique design but as you know these are not a popular model in the USA and this style is not trending by the fashion houses, so I will be solo wearing these babies and stand out(not a bad thing). I'm a loafer afficionado(late 30's) and I love to collect various types of penny loafers "old man" shoes.

8. The Shoe Snob

The presale simply includes a free pair of shoe trees which is a value of £45 or nearly 14% of the product price

9. foto010101

foto010101 Senior member

How do J.FitzPatrick's shoes compare to brands like Crockett & Jones and Carmina in terms of leather and construction quality?

10. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

Details on those boots? They are gorgeous. I'm waiting for a pair of oxfords to come back in stock and ship out.

11. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

They're the Delridge (I think that's the name): plum museum calf uppers and charcoal suede shaft plus double leather sole with toe taps (I wear through the toes of my shoes very quickly without them). As usual with Justin's shoes/boots, they broke in perfectly after wearing them around the house for a few hours.
    The plum museum is great as it is a bit different under sunlight but inside/around the office, they're a bit more subtle. I've worn them already with grey and blue trousers with sportscoats; I figure for me they'll dress up as far as a casual suit or as far down as nice jeans/cotton trousers.

12. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

Thanks for the info. You think they are wearable in the spring/summer time? Looking for a pair of suede boots but love the look of these.

13. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

I'd wear them in Spring, but I don't think I would in Summer here in Cape Town; I do wear balmoral boots in the Summer here (same sort of calf upper with suede shaft looks). I think you absolutely could wear these in Summer, but for completely illogical personal reasons (double sole doesn't feel "summer-y" to me combined with the dark charcoal shafts), I probably won't wear them much in Summer. I also have enough boots/shoes that I can be a bit picky about what gets worn when. So if you don't have weird issues like me, you'd be fine wearing them in the Summer!
    I know there are people on the forum who won't wear boots in warmer weather, but that's not an issue generally for me so long as they're sleek, which I think Justin's boots are. And I've never felt like the boot shaft appreciably impacts on how hot I feel or anything, so that's not an issue for me either.

14. LAluck5

LAluck5 Senior member

That is good to hear. I am in Los Angeles so I think I could get away with wearing it in the summer as well. I don't have many boot options and the ones I do have definitely aren't "summery".

15. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Respect on those tweed loafers!

1 person likes this.
  16. shoelearner

shoelearner Member

Justin, do you have more pics of the SS17 aurora button with cinnamon suede ?

Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  17. The Shoe Snob

18. The Shoe Snob

Aurora now live my friend

http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/products/aurora-gold-museum-calf-cinnamon-suede

Wallingford Burgundy should be in within a week or so

best

Justin

1 person likes this.
  19. The Shoe Snob

I figured no one else would respond as your comment appeared to have been overlooked so wanted to say that if you go back 10-20 pages you can see two commenters that have left lengthy comments on the quality of our shoes that should have give you an idea

The two commenters are @Adamjonzey and @rbhan12

-Justin

20. shoesforever

shoesforever Member

Bumping this review. Finding information can sometimes be tiresome in long threads. I'd say that the leather quality is slightly better than both Carmina and Crockett & Jones benchgrade when it comes to calf. Although the shoes are less structured even though they are fully leather lined, which makes them easier to break in. The heel stiffeners are made of leatherboard instead of celastic. Leatherboard is less stiff, takes less time to break in and conforms better to your heels than celastic heel stiffeners. Like Carmina the soles are channeled instead of open like Crockett & Jones. I don't remember where Carmina sources their suede leather from, but they are known to be very soft and beautiful. Justin uses suede from the English tannery Charles F Stead, which are known to be very durable, but less soft to the touch.

I have three pairs of J.Fitzpatrick shoes. I'd say that it's not really about quality when comparing these mid level brands as they are pretty comparable in terms of quality in construction and leather.It's more about preference. People tend to forget that when they ask which ones are the best. Ask yourself what brand has lasts with the best fit for your feet. Do you like the look of the design and the lasts? What kind of sole do you prefer?

The best value in terms of Justin's shoe line is the versatility of his MTO and wanting something a bit different or if you want to support a smaller company. There are also a lot more options than a lot of the other brands and with a surcharge of only 100 pounds, compared to Carminas 50% surcharge. ​
    Crockett & Jones strength lies in the fact that they are available in a lot of retail stores, which makes it easier to get a hold of and easier to try out the different lasts. The exeption is in Norway, where I've only seen them in one store.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    2 people like this.