1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Cheers Roger!

:)

Cheers, unfortunately I won't offer it as a full time thing. If someone wanted one in theory they could order it as an MTO, but I don't have this option as a full time thing....only for periodic collaborations such as this. Maybe in the future if I can find a full time patina artist, but not really focusing on that for the moment...

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Thank you for the reply. That's very understandable, and your current offering is great as it is!

3. The Shoe Snob

My pleasure! :)

4. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Didn't expect it, but I made the final 12! Here's the pic for people who haven't seen it yet. It was taken by waiting for ebb to uncover the seaweed covered rocks. You can see the boots have held up great after wearing them all the time during the wet Scottish winter, including quite a few walks on the beach!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. The Shoe Snob

Dear All,

Just had a re-stock in two models of suede shoes, both great for Spring/Summer!

The Ravenna tassel loafer in Snuff Suede (Found HERE)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Fauntleroy in Dark Brown Suede (Found HERE)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few new updates:

From now on I will be ordering size UK6 and UK6.5 for my re-orders and new models, first sizes coming in August.

I will also be soon starting an MTO program (just have to write it up and put it officially on the site). Can take orders now should you wish but will officially go live soon.. MTO fee will be £90 (less VAT £75).

You can see an example below of my Tony model done in Black Suede on my City Rubber Sole (see in size guide) on the TMG last (originally on JKF last, sorry did not take a silhouette shot). Sorry for poor image quality, was done on my phone...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope that this is good news for some!

On a completely separate note, I wrote a post today on The Shoe Snob that I thought might interest many of you: http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/05/leather-is-not-what-you-think.html

I wish you all a great rest of your week

Justin

3 people like this.
  6. rc121

rc121 Senior member

Justin, will the MTO program have wider widths available or is it just a model on a different last?

7. The Shoe Snob

Unfortunately in the beginning it will only be for changing the last, leather, sole, and small details like eyelets,stitching color, gimping versus no gimping, medallion or sans etc.

I have yet to make a size run of lasts in other widths and test them, therefore it would not only be risky but also costly to simply make one last. The tooling costs decrease significantly when making size runs. As I grow (and if I see the MTO program grow) then I will most likely just buy sets of lasts in different widths to have available for the MTO program in the future.

I am sorry that this is probably not what you wanted to hear. Thanks for your interest though, I do appreciate it.

Justin

1 person likes this.
  8. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Quote: These are very nice - are they MTO

1 person likes this.
  9. The Shoe Snob

Thank you!

They are actually RTW. The model is the Fauntleroy in Dark Brown Suede

10. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  11. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Interesting. Is it just me or do these shoes and a few of the shoes posted above have a wider than normal side on the middle-outside of each shoe? Almost like a little bump half way between pinky toe and heel. Is that the last style?

12. sd2002

sd2002 Senior member

I though I would share with you all my forest green Wallingford from J. Fitzpatrick. And I agree that Justin is a great guy. I enjoy his post which for me is very informative and useful. The shoe snop shoe care produts are very good IMHO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. GFDay

GFDay Member

In case anyone finds this helpful, Justin Jeffers from The Fine Young Gentleman recently posted a review of his J.Fitzpatrick dress boots, linked here.

The boots look great and I'm very tempted to save up and buy a pair.

1 person likes this.
  14. The Shoe Snob

For those of you who might be curious to know a bit more about the brand and what separates us from the rest, we have just created a page on our website called "Why Choose J.FitzPatrick?" which provides a bit more insight into the shoes. Please see the link below:

http://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/pages/why-choose-jfitzpatrick

[​IMG]

Sincerely,

Justin

2 people like this.
  15. The Shoe Snob

Tallying up all of your posts now, it would clearly appear that your desire is to attempt to take me down. Fair enough. You don't like me or my shoes for some reason. No big deal, it doesn't bother me at all...

I will always remember the phrase, "bad publicity is better than no publicity"..

As clever as you think that you are, you must forget this idea. That makes me happy in reality as while you think that you are tarnishing my reputation/name, whatever, in fact you are keeping me on the front page of the Classis Menswear Forum on SF, ensuring that my thread gets viewed. Now there are far more positive than negative on this thread so each person that comes hopefully sees that and your little snide remarks thus help me in the long run.(in fact the negative only comes from 2 people, both of which have never worn the shoes).. So thank you for that. I appreciate the fact that you keep coming back, again and again and again.....

Enjoy the rest of your day

Justin

4 people like this.
  16. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

Sorry, I think you already have my so called "negative" posts that exposed your taking freebies for write ups deleted?

17. The Shoe Snob

why would I delete that but not everything else??? Think about it clever guy

I tell my readers that I don't buy the shoes that brands OFFER me to review...it's no secret... the only shoe that I ever asked for is the Meermin because my readers wanted me to review one. Why would I buy it when I have my own brand?? It makes no sense. And I don't have it anymore, don't need it....so why would I ask for freebies for shoes I have no intention of keeping? Not logical is it?

You will want to take it up with the moderators on why they must have deleted your comment...none of your silly posts bother me as I have stated before. They all make me laugh because clearly you are so worried about me and my brand that you feel the need to constantly bad mouth it.... i feel sorry that you are clearly so unfulfilled that you feel the need to do this... go out and enjoy the world

Justin

2 people like this.
  18. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

@verrihappy

Where does your animosity and hatred towards Justin and his shoes come from? - Why do you have to use every opportunity to praise Grenson/Tim Little shoes?

It can't be just about shoes, there must be some hidden agenda on your part. Maybe you are kind enough to enlighten us.

Otherwise we might presume you are Mr Tim Little. :)

3 people like this.
  19. Verrihappy

Verrihappy Senior member

When was the last time I praised Grenson/Tim Little? I doubt very much TL the man would care about JF's shoes.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  20. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Your last plug was four months ago (to be precise).

http://www.styleforum.net/t/378466/grenson-moorgate#post_6898069

Tell us, what is it about Grenson/Tim Little shoes that makes them the 'measure of all things' for you?