1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. gs77

gs77 Senior member

Thanks. I am UK 9.
    Unfortunately DHL is very diligent, and charges the maximum just to be sure, so it was around $85 (CAD).
    I wish there was a regular post service offering where I would receive through Canada Post (think in UK Royal Mail). They often don't bother with duties and taxes.

2. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Senior member Affiliate Vendor

we can always use Royal Mail providing that the package falls below 2kg. If it goes over, then Royal Mail turns it over to Parcelforce and they charge astronomical prices that we would then have to pass onto the client. Next time simply leave in the notes that you prefer it possible and we will do the weight check and let you know...

And thank you for your support, I do appreciate it!

Enjoy your loafers

3. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

While I love the fit of these in my shoes and boots (I do think they fill my shoes a bit better than the other ones, though those are still great), does anyone else struggle gaining purchase on the black knobs on the heels to get the trees out? I find it particularly challenging with my boots. I feel like if there was more space between the knob and the rest of the tree, it would be easier to get my fingers around/under them to lift them out. But again, perhaps that's just me?

4. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

I had the same problem, but then eventually got used to it. It also helped that the shaft of the boot began to break in. I used to use to shoe horn to pop up the back of the tree against the shaft of the boot. It takes some effort at first but now it's no problem for me.

5. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

Thanks for that. The shoe horn idea never occurred to me; I'll have to give that a try next time.

6. cloud82

cloud82 Active Member

Thanks.
    That prepared me for $212 for Madison + 2 driver loafers... :)

7. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Justin - thoughts on when the Madison re-stock is coming through? I'm eyeing the green/burgundy suede loafers.

8. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

Got my Madison loafers last night. Definite heel slip with socks and would be unbearable without, but I'm hoping it gets better as the shoe breaks in. Went tts, had I gone down by a half I think it would have been too narrow for me. Bummed I may not be able to keep these because the leather and build quality, lasting, comfort, and looks are all there.

9. gs77

gs77 Senior member

They are a bit generous in the heel and ankle area. My other pair of JFP shoes, blue suede oxfords, also use TMG last, and I had to put tongue pads so that hey are not lose around ankle.
    But for some reason, I don't feel heel slipping on Madison.

10. The Shoe Snob

A favor to ask....

If any of you ordered the Fauntleroy in Gold Museum from my last Massdrop, I would love to see how they came out so if that happens to be one of you, could you please post a daylight photo?

Thanks a bunch

Justin

11. urban

urban Senior member

Justin, i have the Madison in suede at 9.5UK. It is a tad loose but i have since used heel pads to mitigate the issue.
    Can you advise the measurement of the 9.5 vs the 9.0?
    I would like to see how much smaller the 9 is. I am a UK9 in most shoes/lasts. Thanks much.

12. The Shoe Snob

No problem, do you want the insole or outsole measurement?

Also, did I recommend you going up? Curious to why you went with UK9.5 instead of UK9

13. losrockets

losrockets Senior member

First day wearing the Madison, killing my feet, which is kinda expected. Pulling my OTC wool socks down constantly is not. Idk what it could be, this has never happened before, they're not falling, each step yanks em down. Hoping it resolves w break in.

14. The Shoe Snob

I am sorry they are killing your feet. That also happened on my first/second day due to the band across. It should break in to be good.

The sock thing is an inexplicable phenomenon. I probably have about 20 pairs of my loafers (all cut on the same base pattern except shoreline) and one or two of them do this to me too. But it will also depend on the sock. Some socks stay up while others will fall down. I can't gather why but it just is.....I don't wear my shoes so often (as I have so many) but I would imagine that over time it will get better once the leather has had time to loosen/form

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  15. The Shoe Snob

Here is a sneak peek at one of our 5 new colorways in our button boot model, Westlake.

We will be holding a presale on Mon, Sept. 5th with stock due to arrive in October

Stay tuned for more pics of the other colors

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Those are really awesome!

1 person likes this.
  17. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Fantastic! I can't wait to see the other colors.

1 person likes this.
  18. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

WoW ! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  19. The Shoe Snob

Sorry just realized I forgot to write back. I am geting rid of these actually. Email me to discuss further as I can order esp. for you

20. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

Those button boots are stunning!

1 person likes this.