• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, that blue Wedgwood with a tweed upper could be a nice StC stand-in....

Trqmaster

Reaction score
At some point, will you be offering last customization? I'm looking for a lower instep.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

At some point, will you be offering last customization? I'm looking for a lower instep.

Sorry my friend but unfortunately not. That is too logistically complicated for me and the factory I use. I would have to travel there on a monthly (or more) basis to stay on top of things to do that.

Last edited:

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.

Historically Black grain has not sold well for us so therefore I would not want to try it unfortunately. But MTO is always on the table.

I can appreciate that. What leathers are you considering? Do you find the buckles causing a "catching" issue with narrow hem trousers?
And thank you for putting it on Dainite or similar, or at least I'm hoping.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I can appreciate that.  What leathers are you considering?   Do you find the buckles causing a "catching" issue with narrow hem trousers?  
And thank you for putting it on Dainite or similar, or at least I'm hoping.

to be honest, I have not truly thought about it. I might do burgundy as shown and maybe a dark brown. Black doesn't really sell well for me outside of my very very classic dress shoes. Every time i do something slightly different in black (weather it in calf/grain/suede) it doesn't perform as much as I had hoped for which has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I think people come to my brand for the different things and if they want black they buy some English brand or Carmina or something.

As per the buckles well I have yet to make myself a pair but I will do soon so can answer that better after I have worn them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics