1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Glad that you like them.

They will come on the NGT last, in the color shown and possibly two more colorways. I was thinking to put them on a double sole though, not a rubber. Let's see, maybe I will change my mind.

Here they are for those of you who don't use IG

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    5 people like this.
  2. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Justin, definitely put it on the city rubber sole. Much more practical for a classy boot like this one.

3. shoesforever

shoesforever Member

I see the attraction with leather soles,but when it comes to boots it's a bit unpractical. Especially for those of us who live in Scandinavia. The jodphurs look great though.You should have more boots with rubber soles, Justin.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

MTO!
    MTO!

5. shoesforever

shoesforever Member

I know that they are available in MTO,but sometimes one need to have the option to buy right away also without the extra charge or waiting time. That's why Justin has a RTW collection at all. With that said, his MTO charge is very reasonable and the options are great. Just some sulking from my side hehe.

6. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

I agree 100%. Especially with the thinner than dainite rubber soles available like the GG wensum, EGR1, or Justin's city rubber, no reason not to put rubber on boots. Leather sole just isn't practical for boots.

Edited to add: take for example the Holman boot in that beautiful chocolate CXL leather from Horween. A great dress-casual style with some of the most weather resistant leather available on the market. CXL shouts rainy day or running through the muck. But then the double leather sole completely nulls the function of CXL leather. Sure the double leather will last longer in comparison to single leather, but wet leather soles get chewed up so quickly, double sole practically guarantees excess initial toe wear. Additionally the double leather is open channel (if I recall the factory wouldn't do a closed channel for double leather because of extra handwork).Would've been much more functional on dainite or City rubber (which is still slimmer than double leather).

Honestly I was very close to buying that boot but didn't because the double leather completely negated the use of the boot for me.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  7. The Shoe Snob

2 people like this.
  8. WhereNext

WhereNext Senior member

And I was really just giving you a hard time, so we're all good. I definitely agree that, if nothing else, the time lag for MTOs (not just from Justin, just in general) can be a killer when you see something you ALMOST want and think about how quickly you could get it otherwise.
    I live in Cape Town now, so if he does decide to listen to you, just know that I'll be grumpy as I don't walk anywhere and it rarely rains! So if all of his boots/shoes come out with rubber soles, just know that I'll be sending you the invoice for all of my own MTOs!

9. shoesforever

shoesforever Member

@WhereNext You have a lot of good points hehe. I see the reverse dilemma there. Seeing that Justin lives in rainy old England one would think that the combination of rain and cobblestone would be a bigger problem than it is.

10. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I'd been eyeing these for a long time and when they were on sale last year, I didn't hesitate!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

First post here. I wanted to thank Justin for his honest and informative blog which I have always really enjoyed. On the other hand, I would like wish him best succes in the industry. I wanted to mention that we have here a few good shoe companies and that Justin is working with one of the best ( and I am sure that his knowledge is contributing to pass them much expertise too). Justin, is there any retailer that I can try your shoes on in Spain?. Maybe in the factory?. I am not in a hurry but definetly would like to check fit before I pull the trigger one of this days. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  12. jrb666

jrb666 Senior member

Finally took delivery of the Magnolias yesterday and gave the museum calf a first run today.

A most attractive and comfortable shoe, and a great price.

1 person likes this.
  13. dijor

dijor Senior member

@The Shoe Snob I'm perhaps interested in that jodphur boot will it be available on your website soon?

14. The Shoe Snob

That will come in for A/W16 so probably wont arrive until sept/oct

15. The Shoe Snob

16. pine tree

pine tree Well-Known Member

Kind of scared to pull the trigger on a jodphur MTO since I do not know which colors will be available in Sep.

17. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Yeah same here. I'm sure Justin will fill us in sooner than later.

@The Shoe Snob I sent a PM regarding the sizing for Massdrop monks. Great deal, especially in museum

18. The Shoe Snob

@CanadaCal

colors will be:

dark brown suede
    new deep wine color as shown on post 921 on page before
    and the Rugged Brown, same as the Snoqualmie boot

all on NGT last.

Still thinking about the soles....most likely rubber sole but possibly with a leather mid sole as I don't like the thin sole look on a jodhpur boot

Justin

19. davesmith

davesmith Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Did anyone make it to the sale on Friday?