J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Idahoalex

Idahoalex New Member

[ATTACHMENT=11311]image.jpg (1,226k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] This is my first wearing since getting these brown/denim Wedgewoods back to the States. I picked them up two weeks ago from Justin at his shop in Mayfair. He could not have been nicer or more accommodating, rearranging his schedule to meet me by appointment, and making sure he had my size in the store. Let me concur with others on this thread who have said that his shoes are better-looking in person than in photos. I would have tried on several pairs, but we were in a hurry, so I tried on the Wedgewoods (my top choice) first and last. The 12s were a perfect fit -- I wear a 13E on the AE 65 last -- and fled comfortable from the beginning. When my wife, who is notoriously hide-bound on matters of shoes, concurred that they looked good, I took them.

I broke them in by wearing them around our hotel room for a few hours. I wore them comfortably around London and Oxford that same week.

My sole concern (pun intended) was that after running into wet streets in Oxford, the closed channel started to peel away from the sole around the toes. I fixed that when I got them home. My cobbler glued the soles back down and attached toe taps for $2. (That is not a typo.) He was very impressed, as I was, with the quality of the leather and construction, though I am pretty certain this is the first time he has ever worked on Balmoral-laced dress boots. In all, I am very pleased with the Wedgewoods and look forward to buying more shoes from Justin in the future.

2. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

For those of you that might be in Stockholm or surrounding areas, please come stop by our trunk show at Skoaktiebolaget this Fri/Sat to check out our range of shoes should you so be interested.

And below is a sneak peek of our Holman boot in Horween's Chromexel dropping this upcoming Autumn/Winter

[​IMG]

3. andrel42

andrel42 Senior member

Hey Justin, love it! Please put me on the list Sir ! Thank you!

4. RogerP

RogerP Senior member

That is a very handsome pair of boots.

5. laufer

laufer Senior member

Indeed please let us know the details even for those of us who cannot be there in person.

6. The Shoe Snob

Got you down for one Andre!! Thanks as always.

I appreciate that Roger!

These in reality have nothing to do with the trunk show, just like to add a picture/s to my posts. These will launch in September and as soon as they are ready, I will put them up here so that you can guys can go for them should one like.

7. The Shoe Snob

8. The Shoe Snob

9. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

Got these suckers in the mail yesterday. As noted elsewhere, they're even better looking in person. Something I didn't really notice on the website that's very true in person is how elegant the toe box is for a boot - rarely seen on a boot of this price point. Great work, and can't wait to get my next pair!

[​IMG]

10. The Shoe Snob

It has been our goal to create free worldwide shipping since the inception of our shoe range and while we managed to get the EU on the free status not far after launching, the rest of the world lagged behind.

We recently were able to get one step closer, by now offering FREE SHIPPING TO THE US AND CANADA with our courier services (for all welted shoe purchases only).

We can use Royal Mail for those that only wish to do so but will charge the difference between what they charge (Parcelforce which is what Royal Mail becomes after a certain weight) and what our couriers do.

As always, returned good will be at the expense of the customer.

We are working hard to get the rest of the world on the free status too but as some of you might appreciate the only way to get closer is for the brand to grow. One step at a time.

Sincerely,

Justin

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015

11. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Great news! What courier will be used to deliver to the US?

12. The Shoe Snob

Mainly UPS, but one can request DHL in the notes section of placing an order (as we only use these 2). As I said, one can also request Royal Mail but extra shipping charges (about £25-£30) will have to be invoiced and paid prior to shipping as they are extremely expensive and we cannot justify paying those costs.

13. Shawl Lapel

I ask because duties for UPS are about $25USD. Royal Mail may not levy duties but the price difference takes away the advantage. I'm not sure if DHL collects duties, but that may be a solid option if they don't.

14. The Shoe Snob

Realistically you should always expect to pay duties as you are saving the 20% of the EU Tax (which equates to around $85) and tax in theory has to be charged somewhere as governments want their tax money. DHL will add duties as well but usually just send a bill after you receive the product which for me is not ideal. But $25 dollars saved by using Royal Mail is not nearly as much as the extra that I will have to charge as they are double the price, at least and in GBP. But £20 saved from us going to free shipping is more than the $25 of duties, so it's a win-win scenario

15. Shawl Lapel

I'd rather have DHL send a bill than demand a check at delivery like UPS. Regardless, what US customers save with the free shipping should cover the duties levied by the carrier, so like you said, win-win. Thanks Justin :slayer: