J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

yup, it will be £90 upcharge (ex VAT £75)....

2. The Shoe Snob

3. Colr

Colr Active Member

I like the black Windermere a lot but could it be done without the heel a la Edward Green Asquiths?

4. The Shoe Snob

In MTO you could do that. It would be an extra £90 (ex VAT £75) upcharge. But I would never do it for RTW unfortunately as I purposely added the heel counter to counteract the fact that most brands don't one on their quarter brogue oxfords.

For all others wondering about my MTO program and why it has yet to launch, well in theory I am already taking orders for medium width fitting customers. It is simply the narrow and wide lasts that I need to finalize (which I am making slow progress on, but nearly there) before officially launching the MTO program to the world.

Hopefully have more updates soon!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  5. Colr

Colr Active Member

Very, very tempted but swithering on the heel detail. Maybe OK with.

Very tempted.

EDIT: I ordered a pair.

However, here's a thought. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to get my hands on an elegant pair of No8 burgundy shell cordovan oxfords but the nearest I can get is Carmina Forest and they have run out of leather. This would be especially attractive if it was the shade of No8 Alden manage to use.

Is a cordovan offering likely to be forthcoming? There's a real lack of this product in the UK.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  6. The Shoe Snob

Thanks for the order! I do appreciate it and hope that you enjoy them.

As per Cordovan, well it's not likely to be honest. The Cordovan industry is like a mafia and it's nearly impossible for a small brand like myself to get the good stuff without paying outrageous prices that will skyrocket my retail price so I don't even bother....used to be that you could get good stuff from Japan but I have since heard that they closed down and the Italian stuff is overpriced....it's just a difficult industry to get involved with and you can see that when even the big brands are having a hard time with it....sorry

7. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Epaulet (a forum affiliate) was able to source shell sneakers from Japan (I believe?) a few months back in a rather larger quanity (50 pairs per color; 5 colors total). So my guess is that if you're not buying in large volume like Epaulet, prices per pair will sky rocket for you?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  8. The Shoe Snob

I am a bit confused as I was talking about buying the actual leather, not shoes from other brands...

To buy a shell (which can make 1 pair of shoes), I need to get it from the UK agent that supplies Horween and price per shell is about £120. That is JUST for the leather. After making the shoe, adding the factory and my mark up that would make the shoe near enough £700-£800 or more..... not to mention that they infrequently don't even have enough shells to sell in order to make a size run of shoes.

If I was to buy directly from Horween (which is impossible) then I presume that it would be a much lower price per shell.... problem is there are very few places that actually produce cordovan and much of it is not great quality so the places that make great quality (like Horween) are so backed up with orders from the big boys (or exclusive distribution deals, like with Alden/Allen Edmonds) that it is impossible for the little guys like me to get any without paying exorbitant prices

9. Colr

Colr Active Member

Thanks for the further detail. Its an interesting subject. Would GMTOs help, I wonder? Possibly not enough.

I was quoted £800 for Crockett and Jones MTO burgundy shell Radstock but I like your lasts better than theirs. Carmina come in much much cheaper at about £475 which is amazing.

10. The Shoe Snob

Our A/W2014 stock has finally arrived and is now available for purchase. We have also had refills in many of our other models.

A great weekend to all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. anderz

anderz Senior member

Love the fall collection, Justin!
    First day out in the new Holman today:

[​IMG]

12. jubu

jubu Senior member

I finally found the time to read through this thread, as well as your website. I found the bit in your bio about music being a passion and your goal of owning a record label one day very interesting, as I myself work in the industry. But getting back to the important stuff--fantastic shoes...I hope to soon own a pair of my own.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. The Shoe Snob

Thank you very much for your post and kind words. I appreciate your support and also look forward to you one day owning a pair!

Glad that the shoes of satisfactory quality and fit. Thanks again for your support and enjoy them!

-Justin

14. pigletprime

pigletprime New Member

I'd love to get a pair of LAURELHURST in burgundy calf, yet it seems to be unavailable in UK 6.5 for quite a while. When is the estimated restock date? Thank you!