• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Shoes_Reviewer

Reaction score
Just wondering, how long and what amount of wear it took for this to happen ?
About 8 wears in a span of 2 years, each wear consisting of about 2 hours.

I've had my british shoes for 5 years, with WAAAY more wear time, and they still look GREAT, no cracks or anything.

ant922599

Reaction score
J fitzpatrick shoes are beautiful looking but in my experience they are not durable, I own other brands such as trickers, cheaney, gaziano girling and alfred sargent and they still look pretty much as new after years of use, now I am no shoe expert but the "cracks" from the photographs below I haven't seen them in the other brands I mentioned.

View attachment 1786296

View attachment 1786297

View attachment 1786298

View attachment 1786299
That's not been my experience at all.

I have pairs from 2013 that I still wear regularly now, and which ook great.

Your's look like they need a resole in any case - and whilst I don't know you and have no real reason to disbelieve you - they look more worn that one would expect for 8 wears. Incidentally, what model are these?

And is that a ridged heel/sole?

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silver ocean