1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sdig14

Sdig14 Senior Member

Hey Justin,

How does the Wallingford II fit? The website says it is the most generous last fit wise, so close to TTS?

Only stuff I have bought from you are the sneakers, and I am an 8.5D and 7.5UK seem to be fine.

Thanks in advance!

2. papado

papado Senior Member

I would wait for Justin's input but my experience with LPB (which is just a slightly less chiseled MGF according to the website) was that you may have to size down an extra half size depending on size/instep. I'm a standard US 11D with a normal [to my knwoledge] instep and I wear 11D US in AE; 10E C&J and JLP; 10.5E EG&GG but my Sebastien in 10E UK were a little roomy and after a while once i broke them in the instep was just too much for me. I regretfully had to sell but if I were to try JF again I would opt for the 9.5E UK and I think I'd be just fine.

Also note the Wallingford has 6 eyelets so you will have more room in the instep vs those with 5 (again, I'm stealing this from JF website).

3. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

The MGF and LPB are the most generous, yes.

I would take the UK7 at least. The main difference is the instep which is significantly more generous.

I hope that this helps

4. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

@Sdig14 FWIW as another data point I'm a 10.5D bordering on E with a high instep and wear 9.5UK in everything Justin. I have the calf/suede Wallingford and the facings close completely for me, but the shoe doesn't slip or anything. I don't think I could size down, but at the same time I don't feel there's enough room for a tongue pad, or that one's necessary. This would be a case for quarter sizes if there were any :p If you have a low volume foot and low instep I could see a7 working as Justin suggested since the shoe does have some length.