1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. DL120

DL120 Member

I’ve grown to like it coming from AE, but JF is not even in the same class as AE. I’m hoping to eventually find a light brown wholecut oxford. But my next purchase will hopefully be a Laurelhurst II loafer

2. vriche

vriche Senior Member

I've never owned AE but I've seen them up close and JF is definitely a couple step above them. That museum calf captoe above is really something.

3. DL120

DL120 Member

Yeah not even close.

4. DL120

DL120 Member

Is it common in the magnolia or Redmond to see what appears to be creasing along the cap toe? The fit is perfect, and it doesn’t crease here when I’m walking. I think it could just be the part where the different part of the leather upper meet, and create the appearance of a crease. Or am I wrong?

24029219-4F15-408D-A798-D398335FD40D.jpeg

5. vriche

vriche Senior Member

In my case, most of my shoes crease before the cap but it’s not uncommon to have creasing in the calf itself although I’m not sure what causes it.

6. DL120

DL120 Member

Appreciate the reply. Yeah I’m not bothered by it although I know some folks will swear up and down if you crease the toe cap it’s the wrong size or you’re doing something wrong. My question was more just out of curiousity.

Btw. Love that I finally found a JFitzpatrick dedicated place to talk all things shoe snob! Lol

7. DL120

DL120 Member

A577776B-DEA0-436E-B3C7-C069BFA7F145.png Does anyone know where I could get the Jeon loafer besides Korea or MTO?

8. brotherender

brotherender Member

@DL120 the creasing may result from an imperfect fit between a foot and a shoe, I've read,for example if the shoe is slightly too big.

9. vriche

vriche Senior Member

I was thinking that but he mentioned that the fit is perfect so I’m not sure.

10. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

My TMG. Definitely not too big in length.

89192809-F61C-4A58-A0C0-6BE2B2277CD4.jpeg

11. DL120

DL120 Member

Thanks. To clarify by perfect, I mean I’m wearing a size UK7, and I’ve tried the uk7.5, which was too big, and I couldn’t go smaller than UK7, as there’s very little room in the toe box. Obviously, it’s a RTW shoe, so there are aspects which could fit better, but it’s the correct size.

I purchased them through eBay, with only being worn once. So I’m assuming it could be due to the previous owner creasing them. I just pulled the mirror shine about 3mm away from the cap toe seam, so it won’t crack.

Thanks!!

12. vriche

vriche Senior Member

That's a good idea but I wouldn't worry about the creasing too much if the shoe fits well. I wear 7 UK myself btw.

13. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

SAMPLE SALE.png

For those of you who can get to NYC next week, here is a chance to grab some great stuff at great prices!!

-Justin FitzPatrick

14. The Shoe Snob

there is no where else to get them, sorry

15. The Shoe Snob

reading this might help

https://www.theshoesnobblog.com/201...eather-creasing-means-something-is-wrong.html

A lot of people online talk a lot of rubbish about creasing and then make people like you think that something is wrong. Shoes crease. Leather creases. The reason it could crease in the cap is a hundred different potential variables. Our caps are cut a bit on the long side as I like that look aesthetically. That means that yes, for people with shorter toes, they might get creasing in the cap. It also has to do with how far down the toe puff goes. Also how shallow your toes are. There are so many factors to be honest. And people that claim creasing in the toe means something wrong truly don't know much about shoes. I have seen bespoke shoes crease in the cap as well. There is no rhyme or reason tbh.