• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ausdertraum

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have slightly wide feet and slightly high instep. I have the suede Montlake and suede Fauntleroy monks both in size 10 UK on the LPB last. The Montlake was pretty much perfect from the start, the Fauntleroy was a bit tight, but turned out good after some wears.
I quite like the look of the suede Hawthorne (MGF) or the Corliss (NGT) in the summer sale right now, but not sure if either shoe/lasts would fit me. I read the LPB is the most generous last and NGT/MGF loafer is pretty much on opposite end of the spectrum. Do you think I could do either of these if I go up to a 10.5 or would that still be too tight?
Thanks

ant922599

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I have slightly wide feet and slightly high instep. I have the suede Montlake and suede Fauntleroy monks both in size 10 UK on the LPB last. The Montlake was pretty much perfect from the start, the Fauntleroy was a bit tight, but turned out good after some wears.
I quite like the look of the suede Hawthorne (MGF) or the Corliss (NGT) in the summer sale right now, but not sure if either shoe/lasts would fit me. I read the LPB is the most generous last and NGT/MGF loafer is pretty much on opposite end of the spectrum. Do you think I could do either of these if I go up to a 10.5 or would that still be too tight?
Thanks
It's a real tough one as fit is so subjective, and it depends where your feet are wide, etc.

I fit the LPB best also.

I have the Hawthorne and it is tight in the toe box. Because its a loafer you can't go too much bigger as you'll probably get heel slip, plus the vamp is quite short.

I also had 2x Corliss II on the NGT and had to sell them both, but have an MTO order in for it on the LPB.

The instep should be fine as the volume is good and adjustable somewhat with the straps, but personally I find the toe much too narrow.

I went up a whole size in the NGT with the Genesee boot and wear thick socks, but my toes are still slightly squashed.

Justin or Simon will no doubt be able to offer some more focused help.

Both shoes are brilliant though so all in all, if I was you, I'd probably go a 1/2 size up and take the risk on them both!

danielyam

Reaction score
Quarter brogues on the LPB last in copper museum calf from the refinery store in Hong Kong

87C84802-4F83-4F19-925E-D34054064D18.jpeg

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Our Summer Sale has officially launched and as always we have our models split into two categories:

1. Core Product discounted at 10% off
2. Seasonal stuff getting rid of at 25% off

I hope that you find something that you like.

https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/

Happy Shopping!

Justin

***to show a few****

IMG_E6738.JPG

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

IMG_8750.JPG

Photo 22-06-2018, 12 16 41.jpg

Photo 22-06-2018, 12 22 18.jpg

Photo 22-06-2018, 12 39 58.jpg

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Thanks

Here's a good written description of sizing from Welted Sole's website that may help:
J. FitzPatrick shoes are based on the UK standard where ‘E’ is the “medium” width, equivalent to a US ‘D’ width. The TMG, LPB and MGF lasts were created on the same body with the only difference being the toe shape, thus ensuring a standard fit from heel to ball of foot across these three models. The LPB and MGF lasts have an elongated toe box compared TMG, which makes them the most generous in the vamp/toe region. That being said, all three lasts fit similarly to Carmina Rain and Crockett & Jones 348 in the same UK size. They also fit similar to Allen Edmonds 65 last when sizing down 1.5 sizes from your AE US size. For example, J. FitzPatrick TMG, MGF and LPB UK9.5 fits similar to Allen Edmonds 65 last in US11D.

The NGT last is slightly narrower and has a lower instep that the other three lasts mentioned above. If your feet are on the wider end of medium, we recommend you going up half a size on this last. Otherwise, take the same size as the other lasts.

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
I've received my Genesee jodhpur boots in walnut museum calf yesterday, it's a shame there aren't many pics of this model on the internet other than from Justin's instagram.
Here are the pics :
cFXFmAE.jpg

XGJACbH.jpg

6IXoqJw.jpg

l9HaSlf.jpg

MK7JaLF.jpg

s8Iut6P.jpg

CWh7FpW.jpg

The weather was cloudy when I took the pictures, for those who don't wear museum calf it's a kind of leather who look quite different depending on the lightning (nothing too drastic though).

I was already the proud of owner of a pair of Alki chelsea boots in copper museum calf and I was so satisfied with them I knew I wouldn't go wrong with another pair from Jfitzpatrick. :)
Once more, the leather is very supple and soft, not lambskin soft but still impressive. It will crease quickly but it will also be very comfortable from the get go, I remember wearing my Alki chelsea boots for the first time during a day I had to remain standing for nine hours straight and I did so without any noticeable discomfort. Moreover, the toe and heel stiffener are very stiff so I'm quite confident with how the pair will retain its shape over time.
Aside from a little, inconsequential bump on one of the shoes they're faultless and the craftsmanship attest to the fact that Jfitzpatrick is a great brand.

Overall, I'm really fond of this model, it's a unique jodhpur you probably won't find at the feet of anyone else but it's not so special as to become hard to wear with most outfits.
It's a shame Justin is getting rid of this colorway but if it's to bring other variants of the Genesee then I look forward to it. The burgundy ones that are intended to stay in the shop are also very awesome looking, albeit a bit more bold ;)

Last edited:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I've received my Genesee jodhpur boots in walnut museum calf yesterday, it's a shame there aren't many pics of this model on the internet other than from Justin's instagram.
Here are the pics :
cFXFmAE.jpg

XGJACbH.jpg

6IXoqJw.jpg

l9HaSlf.jpg

MK7JaLF.jpg

s8Iut6P.jpg

CWh7FpW.jpg

The weather was cloudy when I took the pictures, for those who don't wear museum calf it's a kind of leather who look quite different depending on the lightning (nothing too drastic though).

I was already the proud of owner of a pair of Alki chelsea boots in copper museum calf and I was so satisfied with them I knew I wouldn't go wrong with another pair from Jfitzpatrick. :)
Once more, the leather is very supple and soft, not lambskin soft but still impressive. It will crease quickly but it will also be very comfortable from the get go, I remember wearing my Alki chelsea boots for the first time during a day I had to remain standing for nine hours straight and I did so without any noticeable discomfort. Moreover, the toe and heel stiffener are very stiff so I'm quite confident with how the pair will retain its shape over time.
Aside from a little, inconsequential bump on one of the shoes they're faultless and the craftsmanship attest to the fact that Jfitzpatrick is a great brand.

Overall, I'm really fond of this model, it's a unique jodhpur you probably won't find at the feet of anyone else but it's not so special as to become hard to wear with most outfits.
It's a shame Justin is getting rid of this colorway but if it's to bring other variants of the Genesee then I look forward to it. The burgundy ones that are intended to stay in the shop are also very awesome looking, albeit a bit more bold ;)

Thanks for sharing and wear them in good health!!

Appreciate the continued support. Unfortunately no more Genesee's this A/W....money going towards new things :)

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying the Tony II (I been eyeing them for two years) but need some advice on the shape of the last and size, I live in Peru and is very expenssive to return them. I use :

- Loake Capital last in 10.5/F UK
- Church’s 173 last in 10.5/F UK
- Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in 11/D US

I was advised by Justin to buy size 10UK, but I am still afraid due to the shape of the last and toe box, I am kind of bulky, slim or pointy lasts look weird in me. I wonder if any member can share any coments and pictures. Thank you very much.

ant922599

Reaction score
I am considering buying the Tony II (I been eyeing them for two years) but need some advice on the shape of the last and size, I live in Peru and is very expenssive to return them. I use :

- Loake Capital last in 10.5/F UK
- Church’s 173 last in 10.5/F UK
- Allen Edmonds Park Avenue in 11/D US

I was advised by Justin to buy size 10UK, but I am still afraid due to the shape of the last and toe box, I am kind of bulky, slim or pointy lasts look weird in me. I wonder if any member can share any coments and pictures. Thank you very much.

Hi there. I have the Tony IIs in brown museum calf and they go with everything - a real favourite of mine.

These are the smallest shoes I own (UK7) so they are generous. Also i find the last wider and taller than, say, the NGT which I cannot wear at all.

Im afraid i dont know the lasts you refer to, but I take UK8F in G&G deco, UK8E in MH71 and GG06 - so this should go some way to reassure you the Tony II in LPB is a generous size. They will stretch a little too.

All my other LPBs are 7.5 and feel slightly wide at the heel.

Brilliant shoes though, and Justin is normally very good with sizing so I would always go with his recommendation.

Oh, and the LPB is not a particularly pointy last in real life - please check out my Instagram page (same user name) for more pics of the Tony IIs, Sebastien, Whittier, Corliss MTO all on LPB.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I have the Tony IIs in brown museum calf and they go with everything - a real favourite of mine.

These are the smallest shoes I own (UK7) so they are generous. Also i find the last wider and taller than, say, the NGT which I cannot wear at all.

Im afraid i dont know the lasts you refer to, but I take UK8F in G&G deco, UK8E in MH71 and GG06 - so this should go some way to reassure you the Tony II in LPB is a generous size. They will stretch a little too.

All my other LPBs are 7.5 and feel slightly wide at the heel.

Brilliant shoes though, and Justin is normally very good with sizing so I would always go with his recommendation.

Oh, and the LPB is not a particularly pointy last in real life - please check out my Instagram page (same user name) for more pics of the Tony IIs, Sebastien, Whittier, Corliss MTO all on LPB.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion, I am buying them right now. Congrats for the shoe wardrobe you have built. I will post pics as soon as they arrive, they look lovely an indeed work great with grey and navy suits.

OrdinarilyDapper

Reaction score
So I wear an 11.5D in Allen Edmonds 65 last for Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues and a 10.5 UK in Meermin oxfords, double monks in both Elton and Hiro lasts, 10.5 in Paul Evan's but I usually size down half a size when I get suede loafers like tassels, penny, etc. For the Suede butterfly loafers would getting my usual 10.5 UK still give me a snug fit or would it serve me better doing what I usually do and size down half to a 10 UK for suede loafers. If exchanges were free I would just take shot and pray but paying a nice little shipping chunk would be gladly avoided with a little inquiry and help! Any help would be much appreciated!

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the website:
If you wear your oxfords very snug, then size up for your loafers. However, for most we recommend taking the same size as your oxfords.

I thought I remember seeing Justin post that he sizes his loafers so people won't have to play the size up or size down guessing game, but when in doubt, shoot him an email - and then post back here for the benefit of everyone else :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads