• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ShooIn

Reaction score
Out and about in sunny London today. The Medina suede Oxfords have seen 2 years of regular wear and held up very well. One of my favourite shoes.
IMG_9680.jpg

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What about the other changes??
  1. We have replaced the plastic/metal shank with a sole leather/metal combination (this is like in bespoke shoes)
  2. We now have fudge wheeling on all of our welts

No, not all old stock will have the above two but some of it will. I have about 700 pairs in stock, 300-400 of it has the above two.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does the city rubber sole compare with Dainite? A very hard wearing sole is not really a priority for me but comfort is. I greatly dislike the stiffness and hardness of Dainite.

if comfort for you equals cushion then I would get the XL lite sole which is insanely cushioned. The city rubber sole by itself is very hard wearing but it is not a 'soft' sole.

But for me comfort comes from support and the city rubber will a mid sole is as about as comfortable as it gets IMHO.

galileo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any chance we could see the real product in London?

chiconice

Reaction score
With our impending US launch in NYC of a showroom and stock set to be ready in June, we are beginning our US expansion with trunk shows in Texas, specifically Houston, Austin and Dallas to be exact.

The very kind host of these trunk shows is custom suit makers, Knot Standard who will be offering any J.FitzPatrick customer a free custom shirt to accompany any suit purchase. Owning one 3-piece flannel suit, one Double-breasted Corduroy Jacket and 4 custom shirts, I must say that I have been very impressed with fit and quality!

As always, we at J.FitzPatrick Footwear offer incentives to come and place your orders at the trunk shows so I very much looking forward to seeing many of you in one of the 3 cities with the chance to finally put many names to actual faces.

The Dates of the trunk shows are as followed:

Houston – April 27th/28th
--- Friday 11am – 7pm
--- Saturday 11am 4pm

Austin – April 30th
--- Monday 10am – 7pm

Dallas – May 1st/2nd
--- Tuesday 12pm – 7pm
--- Wednesday 11am – 7pm

We will bringing the majority of samples to our S/S18 collection as well as many samples of our current RTW collection to give you the chance to see the shoes up close and personal. On top of that we will have a trial fun of fitting shoes to ascertain your size in our footwear for those not yet familiar with the brand’s fit.

Please email [email protected] for any questions you might have.
I look forward to seeing many of you there and wish you all a great weekend!

Sincerely,

Justin FitzPatrick

https://www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com/

http://www.knotstandard.com/
Lucky me you coming on my Saturday that I'm schedule to work(Houston). I will try to to make it Friday after work. I did not see an address for knot standard? I went to there website seems like is only by appointment? You willbe having any shoes in stock? I will like to see the dark navy string loafer in person.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
it is by appointment only for regular days for their stuff but feel free to just drop by for this, without an appt. I won't be bringing stock I am afraid. That simply not possible during trunk shows. Imagine that I have around 700 pairs in stock. I believe that I have the sample of the Navy Issaquah with me at the time. So best to come check it out nonetheless and get sized up.

Sdig14

Reaction score
The sneakers look great. I really have never bought nice sneakers or dress shoes (as you can see, first post, but have been reading the forums for about a year or so). I am generally a 9US standard width in most stuff, with no irregularities.

Do you have a sizing recommendation?

Also, for the rest of the folks here, for someone buying their first pair (or maybe 2), what colors do most recommend? Seems as though lots of stuff I read say to avoid black, get a white pair, then mess around with other colors. Any other input?

Cheers!

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sneakers look great. I really have never bought nice sneakers or dress shoes (as you can see, first post, but have been reading the forums for about a year or so). I am generally a 9US standard width in most stuff, with no irregularities.

Also, for the rest of the folks here, for someone buying their first pair (or maybe 2), what colors do most recommend? Seems as though lots of stuff I read say to avoid black, get a white pair, then mess around with other colors. Any other input?

Cheers!

I assume you're looking for dress shoe colours and not sneaker colours. Most shades of brown are versatile, age well, and variations in colour won't look off. Burgundy/oxblood/other deep reds are also a good choice. Are you looking for things to wear in an office setting or just updating your style?

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Cheers!

Thanks for making your first post with us, I do very much appreciate it!

If you are referring to purchasing our sneakers, I would go for the UK8 size if you are typically a US9D (medium width)

Thanks for your support!

Sdig14

Reaction score
I assume you're looking for dress shoe colours and not sneaker colours. Most shades of brown are versatile, age well, and variations in colour won't look off. Burgundy/oxblood/other deep reds are also a good choice. Are you looking for things to wear in an office setting or just updating your style?
Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the confusion, meant colors for the sneakers. I work in an office and wear suits most of the time during the week, so have dress shoes a lot more figured out than sneakers. Just have yet to venture into the investment type quality dress shoe.

But for the sneakers, not really sure what colors to start out with. After a week of suits, I am usually dressed out, but figure my style would be some dress sneakers I can wear with various colour chinos.

What would be the most versatile color sneakers if I were to buy 2 pairs?

Thanks for the help!

Sdig14

Reaction score
Thanks for making your first post with us, I do very much appreciate it!

If you are referring to purchasing our sneakers, I would go for the UK8 size if you are typically a US9D (medium width)

Thanks for your support!
Thanks for the reply! I will definitely be making a purchase shortly.

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score
Is the general location of the upcoming NY showroom a secret or can you tell us where it will be? I'll have to visit it, still kicking myself for not trying on the whole cut loafers when I was in London a couple of years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads