• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hi Justin,
Congratulation on the MTO program. You used to have Laurelhurst offered in Merlot color, right? I got the black one for my father and looks great. I am thinking of getting one for myself and was wondering if the merlot might come back.
Thx

Thank you!

Unfortunately the Laurelhurst never came in the Merlot color. It came in a chocolate brown color but I discontinued that. It has only ever come in the Burgundy and Black shade outside of the brown. To get it in Merlot would require a special order/MTO.

Glad that you father is enjoying his black version.

Have a nice weekend

Justin

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 1st Sample Sale for those of you in or around London during August 21-23rd

Torsion

Reaction score
@Handmadeshoes Thanks Justin! After moving to NY, I always feel gutted when I see the sales happening in the UK but glad I'll be back in London for this one!! :slayer:
See you there! :)

Last edited:

akoustas

Reaction score
Just in time for my birthday! Only an ocean apart :s Would love to see any leftovers on the site, I'd pounce!

rc121

Reaction score
I'd be interested in a pair of either (or both :)) if someone could proxy. Justin, out of curiosity, what type of samples would these be? Different models or your standard models in different leathers?

Beach Bum

Reaction score
After seeing pictures of pitti uomo, not sure a 6'4" 225lb guy can manage to fit in any of the coats/shirts offered by that tailor or get sizes from the shoe makers.

After all, I don't smoke, have muscle mass, and I guess for the heck of it don't have a beard as apparently is the new in thing. ha.

So unfortunately even though I have the money that stuff ain't my style, nor is it must American's.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just in time for my birthday! Only an ocean apart :s Would love to see any leftovers on the site, I'd pounce!

will get those leftovers on the site, not to worry....hopefully I have none (for my sake :) but would like to get some for non-Londoners too!

I'd be interested in a pair of either (or both :)) if someone could proxy. Justin, out of curiosity, what type of samples would these be? Different models or your standard models in different leathers?

There are very few samples in reality. Sample shoe sales are not like clothing brands. Most sample sales by shoemakers are simply factory leftovers i.e. 2nds, mistakes (good shoes but error in production somewhere), old stock, or shoes produced with lower quality leather intended to be sold at the next sample sale... I had a few proper samples before (newer models etc.), but sold them privately a while back. Now i only have a few left.

rc121

Reaction score
Oh I am well aware of that, it just really didn't make much sense.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We have just received our new stock of size UK6 - 6.5 (US7 - 7.5) across the range

There were some slight delays however and we only received about 85% of the stock for those new sizes. The rest will follow at the end of August. As well as the new sizes, we have filled a few gaps in sizing with some stock replenishment, particularly in the Greenwood and Tony II models as shown below....but as well in other models

on another note, here is a sneak peak (below) into a few of what will be coming for A/W2014

FredAstaire1899

Reaction score
The shoes are looking great Justin!

Looking forward to the MTO, I'm thinking about an Edwardian style Wedgwood boot with black calf and grey spat coloured suede.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Justin, when will those boots (wingtips) be available? I'm on the hunt for a pair just like that at the moment. Please say sometime this month....

Last edited:

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The shoes are looking great Justin!

Looking forward to the MTO, I'm thinking about an Edwardian style Wedgwood boot with black calf and grey spat coloured suede.

Thank you!!

should hopefully launch the MTO program soon. Struggling with the Narrow/Wide lasts (think that I need to test more but am not sure) but other than that, it is ready to go. But that is why I have yet to officially launch it as I am pondering whether to do so with or without the lasts in place. In reality if you are not a narrow/wide fit you could email now and we can talk about it, should you like?

Justin, when will those boots (wingtips) be available? I'm on the hunt for a pair just like that at the moment. Please say sometime this month....

I wish that I could, but unfortunately they won't be until November. Sorry....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads