1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by culverwood, Apr 12, 2013.

1. The Shoe Snob

The Shoe Snob Affiliate Vendor

As a special treat to those of you that watch this thread with dedication, I will let you know that we have unofficially started our January sale at www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com . Please note though that this year we are completely closed over the Christmas/New Years holiday and do not commence again until the 2nd of January and thus will not be shipping anything until then.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and some relaxing days leading up to the New Year!

Thank you again for all of your support

Sincerely,

Justin, ‘The Shoe Snob’

2. paddymac

paddymac Senior Member

@The Shoe Snob

Hey Justin, happy holidays and sorry for disturbing your holiday...

just wanted to ask you a quick question regarding the sizing of the suede Magnolia Captoe Oxford, TMG last.

my friend has a MTO of your shoe in full suede in the JFK last in uk 5 stefano. It fits me well so do I assume I take the same size in the full suede Magnolia?

Thanks

3. The Shoe Snob

Not a problem. When you are a business owner there is no such thing as a true holiday. I am always on call :)

Yes, stick to the same size as the JKF Last

Thanks for the support!

4. Young Pro

Young Pro Senior Member

Hi Justin,
    I'd like to order a pair of the Linwoods, but since I'm in Canada, wanted to quickly ask about sizing on the SEA last. i have C&J Hallams (348 last) and Carmina Austerity Brogues (Simpson last) both in 7.5. Would that be the right size here? Want to make sure they're not too narrow at the beginning of the toe box (I've had corns develop previously), but too long obviously is no good either.

Also, for any Canadians out there, any luck with getting duties refunded on J Fitzpatrick orders since CETA?

Thanks!

5. Young Pro

Young Pro Senior Member

I know @The Shoe Snob is on holiday, is there anyone else here with experience on sizing that can comment on the above? Thanks!

6. 007Bond

007Bond Distinguished Member

I will try to help you.

I have one SEA last actually just got it a few weeks ago. Let me use my sizes so UK9 fits me great in the SEA last and to convert that to a Simpson slip on I need a UK9.5, but just for your reference I can get into a Simpson lace up UK9. But honestly the Simpson is tight compared to the SEA so I would go a half size down for SEA, so if Simpson is 7.5 I would get a 7 SEA. The SEA has more room in the toes then the Simpson not much but noticeable.

In my exp JF shoes are more generous in terms of fit. But you specifically mentioned toe area issue in the past so maybe just get the UK7.5.

Sorry if this is not helping you decided but I am trying. I can say this for sure, I own several JF shoes and boots and also several Carmina shoes and boots. I can say 100% for sure overall all of JF shoes and boots have more room then Carmina of the same size.

7. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior Member

Post-holiday question for Justin. Is the Stefano Redux different than the original, or are you just bringing it back for another run?

@Young Pro I also would have to size up at least a half to fit Simpson, so you'd probably be ok in a 7UK for Justin's shoes.

EDIT: Answered my own question...
    From the blog:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017

8. notdos

notdos Senior Member

9. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

10. notdos

notdos Senior Member

PSA- if you’re looking for the Blue ones...Check the For Sale area.
    :)

11. marker2037

marker2037 Distinguished Member

Does anyone have any pics of moss suede? I'm trying to determine if it's more of a brown or more of a forest/dark olive green. The pics I've seen are so contradictory of one another.

Seeing Moss vs Dark Olive suede would be helpful or really those colors next to any other suedes just so I could get a reference.

Thinking of a future MTO I'm working out in my head, but knowing the exact colors would help. @The Shoe Snob

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

12. The Shoe Snob

Normally our shoes fit similar to the Hallam but not the Simpson. Which of those is a better fit? Also are you going for leather or suede Lynwood?

13. The Shoe Snob

Happy New Year!

Our Winter sales are officially live now

Keeping it consistent on The Shoe Snob, we have discounted all accessories at 20% off so now is a good time to stock up on the numerous products we offer whether it be shoe polish, shoe trees, belts, socks or simply just shoelaces. www.theshoesnob.com

On JF we have switched it up a little bit by offering a slightly greater discount on our non-core products, this year marking down to 25% off. Core products, however, remain at a 10% discount. www.jfitzpatrickfootwear.com

For all pre-order purchases, i.e. purchasing shoes not in stock at the sale price, core products remain at a 10% discount and for those of you that wish to get a pair of the models that we are getting rid of (i.e. non-core product) we will only be offering a 20% preorder discount on those. Shoes will take up to 4 months from the day after the sale finishes to receive. Please email [email protected] to enquire for a pre-order purchase.

14. Pyroiljm

Pyroiljm New Member

Hi Justin,
    I'm contemplating getting a pair of beautiful Genesee boots. I fit UK8.5 on CJ 337, 348 and UK9 on GG square deco.

What size do you recommend?

15. The Shoe Snob

thanks for the message.

Go for the UK8.5

Justin