Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew's SLIM FIT point-collar broadcloth dress shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Dinky89484, May 1, 2012.

1. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

I scoured the forums for reviews and opinions on J Crew's Slim Fit shirts but really found nothing that could help me make a sound decision. I'm interested in buying new Slim Fit dress shirts and saw that the J Crew Slim point-collar broadcloth dress shirt is on sale. Anyone have any experience with them or with J Crew's slim fit shirts in general? I fit Lands End Canvas' shirts size small to a T, they feel like they were made perfectly for my body. How do J Crew's slim fit shirts compare to Lands End Canvas' shirts? Thanks in advance!

2. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

3. dagman1

dagman1 Well-Known Member

Buy one and let us know! I made the mistake of buying a regular fit (I forget the name, maybe classic fit) sized dress shirt from J.Crew on sale. It was a tent. I took it to the tailor today to slim it down. If it's on sale, it's not a big risk, you can always get it fixed for under $20.

Last edited: May 1, 2012

4. Dinky89484

Dinky89484 Senior member

I might have to take a stab at buying one. I hope the slim fit actually is a slim fit. My experience with J Crew jackets/coats is that their Slim fit is not really that slim at all.

5. dagman1

dagman1 Well-Known Member

I don't have anything slim fit at J.Crew but I know regular fit is too large in the waist. In the sub-$100 category, and I really haven't stepped outside this category, my favorite shirts are Boss Slim Fit and Brooks Brothers Extra-Slim Fit (especially for no-iron convenience). I wouldn't pay $95 for a J.Crew dress shirt. They are better at casual shirts. IMHO it's worth just buying BB/Boss full price.

Last edited: May 20, 2012

6. wesmamyke

wesmamyke Active Member

I bought two different slim fit shirts from them, the one that was sized S/M/L was actually slim fit. The other one that was a neck and sleeve size was not, better than the regular ones but still huge.

The size small slim fit I bought is a 14-14 1/2" collar and 33" sleeve, fits about a 36" chest almost perfect. For me it kinda works, if it was a 15" neck I would buy more of them.