1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by videocrew, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 89andy

89andy Senior member

Do Indy Boots work with tapered jeans with small leg openings like APC Petit Standards?

2. wrinklefree

wrinklefree Well-Known Member

I think it's borderline and obviously different strokes for different folks but to me the Indy boot which is the Trubalance last can look a little like "clown" shoes when worn with a very tapered jean (under 7'' leg opening) since the shoes are very wide.

I have two Indy boots (different colors) and I wear them normally with slim straight jeans or slightly tapered pants.

3. wrinklefree

All "indy" shoes are trublance lasted. And the leather sole means that the bottom of the shoe is all leather except for part of the heel which has a rubber insert. I have a pair of Indy's in Cigar color with double leather sole and they are very nice. Leather sole performs fine in mild wet weather you just have to let them dry properly, but that should be said for any good pair of shoes.

You could if you wished have a good shoe repair guy put a "rubber" sole on them but I have not done that before. You can check out the Alden thread as many people have done that before with photos. Some look better than others...:happy:

4. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

This is exactly how i'm wearing mine. PS with 17 cm leg opening. Works great in my opinion.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

agree. I find that a "boot cut" jean is too wide, even for a boot. 8- 8.5 inch opening is ideal, imo

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  6. wrinklefree

+1 on the 8-8.5'' as the sweet spot. I wear mine with my RJBs which shrunk down to a ~8.1 inches leg opening. but I'm still not sold on 6.5-6.9 inch leg opening for the trubalance last. But that might be my own psychological issue that I have to work out on my own.

7. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

So many dudes in the Alden thread posting pics of their awesome shoes with ridiculously wide legged jeans.

8. wrinklefree

So true...one has to bite their tongue when reading those posts and focus on the shoes...

9. furo

furo Senior member

+1

I wear my Indys with either a pair of LVC 1947s, or a pair of straight cut Raleigh Denim raw, both of which are right about 8"

10. 89andy

89andy Senior member

can anyone take fit pics of slim tapered jeans ( APC PS ) paired with indy boots? Still can't imagine the look :(. I only wear jeans with leg openings 7" or smaller.

11. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Rolling the jeans up fairly high can help the look:

[​IMG]

These are the Wolverine 1000 Miles, but you get the idea/similar look.

12. furo

furo Senior member

^^ I'd fear being told to get back up on the stand, with the other J Crew mannequins

13. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

[​IMG]

And here's some of mine. 7 inch opening. Please excuse the mess on the floor, it's my housemate's room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. furo

furo Senior member

^^ I gotta say, that looks goofy man

15. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Whatever floats your boat. I think it looks fine.

16. furo

furo Senior member

The top pic looks fine but those ones below it were not so good for appearance

17. 89andy

89andy Senior member

what size are your aldens?

Sometimes it works depending on how big your shoe size is. I don't know my alden size since I don't own any, but I usually wear 9-9.5 in sneakers.

18. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Mine are a 10.5. I'm usually an 11 in most things.

19. nycs10011

nycs10011 Member

I just started looking around for a good belt to match the color of my J Crew Indys. Anyone have a belt they'd recommend?

20. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

I think Leffot sells some Chromexcel belts. I'm not sure if they have the exact color match or not though it would be the same leather.

http://leffot.com/shop/albany-tan-chromexcel-40mm-belt/

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012