1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J Crew Wallace & Barnes Cone Denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dieselman89, Jan 4, 2013.

1. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Website is blocked. The fit is solid. Not as tight in the crouch as APCs. More traditional yet fashionable. I would like to see if I could have gone 1 inch tighter.

2. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Senior member

Oops sorry didn't know it would get blocked . Pm sent

I have done that many a times wishing I bought a pair one size down. I now tend to buy mostly things I can read up about or try on in person. The key with most raw denim or any denim for that matter is to expect some stretching. In the past iv always bought my waist size but noticed they eventually stretched so much I hated the fit. I now generally go with a waist that's 1 down that stretches to my normal waist.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  3. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

^^So you like the overall fit but disappointed in the waist?

4. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Yes. Then at $198 retail its expensive for something nobody is familiar with.

5. Olivine76

Olivine76 Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I'm some what sick of folks bashing jcrew denim. I've been a denim head for about ten years now, and have worn hard 5 pairs do Nudies, iron heart, momotaro, triple works, and oni. I recently bought a jcrew raw selvedge jeans out of curiocity and I have to say that all the details are good from the hidden rivets to the chain stitch and reinforcements in the right places. My understanding is that these jeans were sourced from warehouse denim (japan mill). Since jcrew so often has sales on line, I got them at a great price. Yea they were made in China, but hey Jcrew is a socially responsible company....yup really.....They are even collaborating with Apolis. The best thing about jcrew denim is the fact there is no branding on it at all and the fit....it's pretty hard to japanese denim that you don't have to alter the length with chain stitches....really all Japanese denim come in one legth...about 36". It's hard to find someone who will chain stitch. Basicaly, I grew up and learned not to be a snob and made my life easier on my self. I am currently wearing in jcrew denim to see what kinda fades I will get with great satisfaction so far.

6. Neognosis

Neognosis Senior member

I'm resurrecting this thread to say that I just bought, online, two pair of jeans from Jcrew:

a pair of wallace and barnes slim selvedge jean in white oak cone denim for 70 dollars, and pair of jcrew something or other bootcut jeans for 25 dollars. So, two pairs for under 100 dollars, one of which is made in the US. So, we'll see how they fit and whether or not I keep them. But, 25 dollars for jeans... had to take that risk. And 70 dollars for US made jeans... I also had to give those a try.

Jcrew has never failed to accept a return that I brought in to a store.