J Crew summer linen suit - fit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ashpool, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ashpool

ashpool Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with J.Crew's summer suits? I normally fit in a 40L, but was wondering if I should get 42L since J Crew suits look narrower/slimmer than usual? I could always get it tailored.

Thanks,

2. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with J.Crew's summer suits? I normally fit in a 40L, but was wondering if I should get 42L since J Crew suits look narrower/slimmer than usual? I could always get it tailored. Thanks,
    Saying you're usually a 40L only helps if you tell us whose suits you're buying.

3. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

I have a J Crew Ludlow linen jacket, and I would say go up a size. I have a 46R Ludlow, and I'm a pretty safe 44R in most labels.

Your best bet would be to just get measurements. The J Crew customer service people are surprisingly helpful, sent me a full set of replacement buttons. I bet they could get measurements no problem.

4. ashpool

ashpool Senior member

Seems like J.Crew is getting a lot of sales, when I checked their website (cuz I live in Canada....I cant go there in person). I need to wait till like May 5th before they can get the suit, seems like a long time to wait!

5. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

I actually ordered this suit recently because of the 20% off promotion. it fit pretty well. slim, but that just means I won't need to take the waist in. here are the measurements.
    [​IMG]

6. TRA8324

TRA8324 Senior member

Seems like J.Crew is getting a lot of sales, when I checked their website (cuz I live in Canada....I cant go there in person). I need to wait till like May 5th before they can get the suit, seems like a long time to wait!
    I am having to wait til May 10th for the pants...not that bad though. Especially considering Canadian weather. May/June/July are your best months to wear a linen suit.

7. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Does anyone have any experience with J.Crew's summer suits? I normally fit in a 40L, but was wondering if I should get 42L since J Crew suits look narrower/slimmer than usual? I could always get it tailored.

Thanks,

They make two models - the Ludlow is a slimmer fit.