Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

J Crew/SuitSupply/other option for skinny person with long arms

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by webzeb, May 29, 2016.

1. webzeb

webzeb Well-Known Member

Hello!

I am 31-year and I am looking for new suits for the following occasions:
    • Spring/summer suit(s) for daily work-wear. (Dress code is very informal in my company, so nothing overdressed.)
    • Fall/winter suit(s) for daily work-wear. (Same thing. Please note I live in northern Europe: we use dedicated clothes and appropriate layering for outside - where it can be damn cold - but it is generally overheated inside. Thus, I do not need a very warm suit.)
    • Something more formal for interviews and weddings.

I know the title is not very appealing, but I am skinny with very narrow shoulders, very long arms and long legs and often have trouble to find something that fits me well:
    • 64kg (141lbs)
    • 1.79m (5'10")
    • neck: 37cm (14.5")
    • shoulders(*): 40.5cm (15.7")
      (*) Measured sewing to sewing, straight, on a made-to-mesure shirt that fits me almost perfectly. I got a slightly higher figure - about 42 (16.5") - if I follow the curvature of my back.
    • arms(**): 69.5cm (27.2")
      (**) Measured top of shoulder sewing to sleeve end on a made-to-mesure shirt. (Sleeves go to thumb metacarpal to first phalanx joint when unbuttoned and arms laying along the body. They stop about to thumb first joint when buttoned.)
    • chest: 89cm (35")
    • upper waist: 78cm (30.7")
    • lower waist: 82cm (32.3")
    • hips: 93cm (36.6")
    • inseam: 87cm (34.3")
    It is especially difficult when it comes to shirts - they don't fit and/or sleeves are way too short.

I was considering several options, including J Crew Ludlow, Suit Supply Sienna and Washington (the latter being the slimmest fit but also more 'structured': I do not know if it is good idea). I am very worried about the fitting considering my 'non-conventional' body shape and unfortunately there is no shop in my area.

Budget is 400€ +/-200€ per suit.

Many thanks for your help!

Fred