• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

phaseshift

Reaction score

You can get it right now for 95 shipped,

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...r_id=2534374302028624&nav_type=&bmUID=kdpzRi2 

using the code SHOPHAPPY. I happened to get it when there was free shipping and saved an extra $5

I'm trying to decided

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...2534374302028624&nav_type=PRMVR&bmUID=kdqaLub

or

http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...4374302028624&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=kdqb1fS

I have a peacoat already and the barn jacket, need one that's versatile with jeans and pants

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is buying the Skiff Jacket, which might be a good deal on sale. That jacket elicits no reaction from me, other than it might not be warm enough to wear in a cold climate. (i.e. the weather we are experiencing in the northeast right now.) Alternately, I would buy that peacoat if it was actually ninety dollars, which is a price that I have no seen.

Rene_Lahm

Reaction score

For me the hooded jacket is slightly more versatile for a casual style, as you could get by with chinos, jeans. The skiff jacket would work in both casual settings, and situations where you need to wear dress pants. I guess that would make the skiff jacket more versatile. However, I agree with the statement of the previous poster. It doesn't really stand out very much, it's quite plain, which is fine, but there's nothing to be excited about with it. If I was in need of another peacoat, I'd purchase it on sale, but would opt for the hooded jacket if I had a choice between the two.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. Crew hasn't had **** for a month. Nothing.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
J. Crew hasn't had **** for a month. Nothing.
What are you looking for? Seems like the transitional point in the season, when spring lines have not come out yet and winter stuff goes on sale. That said, I've noticed that J. Crew peppers the sale section with a lot of of SS stuff from the previous season-managed to get a couple of Broken-In Pocket Polos for cheap.

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some pretty good discounts on a lot of outerwear right now.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pretty good discounts on a lot of outerwear right now.
Anybody have experience with the denim jackets? I like the faded chino W&B corded trucker. Wondering if it's slim enough for me. I usually take slim smalls in J.Crew shirts/sweaters.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is anyone interested in a lightly worn broadmoor quilted vest in a size S? i had to upsize to a M thanks to the holiday 15 lol.

CoveOps

Reaction score
The collection is very colorful, I'd have to say I realy love the matches of the striped shirts and shorts (like the purple ones or the blue ones!)

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are you looking for? Seems like the transitional point in the season, when spring lines have not come out yet and winter stuff goes on sale. That said, I've noticed that J. Crew peppers the sale section with a lot of of SS stuff from the previous season-managed to get a couple of Broken-In Pocket Polos for cheap. 

I've noticed (and I said it earlier in the thread) that J. Crew didn't buy "deep" into many things. Meaning that there were a lot of things that once they sold out they didn't come back. There are several sweaters that I haven't seen since November, Jackets and Coats that they haven't had a size large in for 2 months, Bowery Slim wool pants they haven't had since August, etc... I could've also had a cashmere overcoat for about $100 but I balked on it (this was at our store) and they shipped it out and I never got it. (This, of course, was my own fault)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What?... I don't even...

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What?... I don't even...

Hah, I actually think the chambray suit is cool (I wouldn't be shocked if I ended up getting it at some point), but I dislike how J Crew styles a lot of the stuff they show in their catalogues and online. The suit would look great with a white shirt and a navy knit tie. They have also shown that suit with a dark denim shirt (sans tie), which could work for a casual look. The key with J Crew suits is to basically ignore how they style the suits online and basically style them as regular suits (get them tailored to a standard length instead of super short, etc).

EDIT - I would actually consider this exact ensemble as I have the shirt already (and wear it often):
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/WinterBlues.jsp#/4

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads