1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Out of curiosity, how do you redeem a promo code in a store? I understand you can add it to your checkout online, but when you are in the actual store do you specifically have to ask for it?

2. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

I am going to attempt to circumvent a total freakout (on behalf of the other commenters on this site) and suggest that you probably just have to mention the sale to the cashier and they will know what to do.

3. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Unless I just don't go into J Crew that much I rarely see the store having sale items, well at least in Eaton centre. Toronto

4. boned

boned Senior member

So I received the Stock Jersey henleys, and am slightly disappointed. The fabric is definitely not as thick as I imagined. When it's on, I can slightly see my skin underneath (it's that thin). The drape and fabric are nice but I was expecting a heavy duty knit a la Homespun. I already wore one out (heather grey), but I'll be taking the white one back and grabbing a Homespun one. Overall I can't wholeheartedly recommend, but they are decent for what I paid (30 bucks each).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  5. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Well the website has a 30% off final sale items notification with the use of a promo code: http://www.jcrew.com/sale.jsp

6. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Every J Crew I've entered has had a pretty generous stock of on-sale items.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

8. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Did you get the extra discount?

9. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

No, apparently the one on the website is burnished purple and the one in store is another color. Some bullshit like that. I swear it's the exact same damn shirt, I got it for 25% off. I like it so I'll keep it. Ah well back to Club Monaco for that employee discount :slayer::slayer: Pays to have a family member working in retail I tell ya!

10. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

That sucks. I was hoping to pick up one of the vintage oxfords, but it's only reduced by six bucks. I'd pick it up if I could get the additional 30% off.

1 person likes this.
  11. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Someone from the J crew store that works at Eaton's needs to start posting on here. Most of my clothes is from Club Monaco but I also like J crew and they have more color. But just like Club Monaco I only buy their stuff on sale.

12. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

That's the one advantage Club Monaco has over J.Crew, at the moment. Almost everything goes on sale after a few weeks. And like J.Crew, most is not worth the high price. But I do prefer the cut of J.Crew's shirts to Club Monaco's. CM shirts tend to have really long arms, and really tight waists.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  13. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

Can I return online purchases at a store?

14. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yes.

15. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Spoke too soon. I bought another oxford over the weekend, thinking it would fit the same as the one I already own. Not so. I had to size down one. Also, once I got it home, I noticed one side of the shirt was cut shorter than the other side. Not really crazy about the shirt besides that, though, so I think I'll return it.

16. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Thoughts on the Preston wing tip? Might buy a pair.

17. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i heard the preston wing tip had its own thread.

18. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  19. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

You heard wrong.

20. zacherywolf7

zacherywolf7 Member

Definitely in love with the striped cable knit sweater. Will get that as soon as possible