1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. tubs

tubs Senior member

I bought something on ebay that I suspect is a factory second that was advertised as new without flaws. It's got slight fabric irregularities and a dark line through the main tag. What's the tell tale sign of a factory second from J Crew?

2. Robert

Robert Senior member

Factory label usually has two stars below the J. Crew branding. If it is a dark pen like a pen line, then it means it came from a clearance store. Clearance stores sell regular retail as well as factory items that are one of several things: overstock from a previous season, irregulars, and returns that somehow can't go back on the floor (e.g., the tag is removed, etc.).

3. deez nuts

deez nuts Senior member

i havent been to a jcrew factory store in years, but last i remember, factory store labels have an image of a guy holding an oar?

4. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

somebody sent me a PM about the bluestreak color of the Homespun Henleys...here's a decent pic of the coloring. the shirt is really nice thick cotton and the color is subtle but definitely noticeable.

[​IMG]

5. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Just wondering... does J.Crew ever give out coupons that can be used on their regular-priced suits?

6. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

They do have site-wide coupons from time to time.

7. Robert

Robert Senior member

So has anybody picked up anything new recently, either S/S13 or sale stuff? Just curious.

8. Robert

Robert Senior member

The Prestons break in nicely. They're comfortable. I walked what seemed like miles in the O'Hare airport and felt fine in them (though I did have to give them a good airing out when I got home).
    They polish up nicely too with some Kiwi dark brown polish and a horse brush. The heel and sole are very dense--and it took some getting used to something so solid and substantial. My usual go-to is a Clarks DB.

I'm pleased.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  9. rfc84

rfc84 Member

thanks for the feedback. cheers!

10. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

11. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Anyone have any feedback on the Ludlow shirts? I own a couple of Ludlow suits and wanted to get an opinion on those. Thanks in advance.

12. Robert

Robert Senior member

I own three and I'm on the fence about them. I'm not sure I like the collar--it feels a bit small. The material also seems a bit thin. I probably won't buy more of these.

In all seriousness, I like JC Penny Stafford dress shirts, in slim fit, much better.

13. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

Thanks. I'm gonna buy 1 for a test ride. Getting it for $45 so figure why not. If I like it, I'll get more. All my ties are J. Crew (I feel their ties are underrated) and with the suit in tow, wanna see how the trifecta flows.

14. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

The collars on those Ludlow dress shirts look ridiculously small. There's no way those collar points hide behind jacket lapels, as conventional wisdom says should be the case. J.Crew ties are much too skinny for my tastes as well. Quit falling for fashunz and stick to classical proportions.

15. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

Is there an ETA on when the next 30% off sale would be? I know it is seasonal but any insight might hold me off from buying a couple of things before the summer. Thanks for any information in advance. [​IMG]

16. Robert

Robert Senior member

LOL! I wonder how many times this has been asked in this and other J. Crew threads. Is there a perception out there that because this is a J. Crew thread we somehow have special insight or and inside track to the J. Crew marketing plan? Seriously. Dude, call J. Crew's customer service phone number. There's also a live chat thing with a customer service rep.

17. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Maybe he thinks there might have been some notification of a sale, or someone who works for J.Crew that might know? Either way, J.Crew seems to seldom go on sale. Club Monaco, on the other hand, seems to have sales on at least once a month.

18. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Senior member

+1. Seriously, it wasn't that ridiculous of a question. This forum is full of people who work for certain retailers and may have access to "insider" information. Hell, another thread I subscribe to is called "When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?".

Anyway, in response to the dude's question, I have no idea. From what I've observed, it seems J.Crew runs a 30% off or so site-wide promotion maybe once every 3-4 months.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  19. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Anyone have experience with the 484 selvedge jean?
    Any comment on fit and quality compared to Levi's M&C slim?

20. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

It may be a matter of preference, but it seems like you could do better at that price point. The APC Petit Standard (which is slightly more slim-fitting than the J. Crew denim) or the APC New Standard, which the 484 is a basic copy of, are both better in quality and finish. (The 484 comes with the weird little selvedge embellishment on the coin pocket and an unfinished inseam.) Also, for the same price you should check out United Stock Dry Goods Narrow/ Slight Fit which are also comparable and better, and less expensive, I think. Not sure about the Levis.