1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. alohamichael

alohamichael Active Member

The cashmere is nice. i would wait for discount if you are on the fence for the first time. I don't own any because I know it takes special diligence to care for (and patience which I don't have).

2. alohamichael

I don't know why but online list prices and in-store list prices will not always match up. If you have a different price online don't assume the sales staff knows it, be upfront and tell them! Makes everyone's lives easier.

3. alohamichael

Take the same size. I think they didn't name them Thomas Mason Ludlow because it's a mouthful… obviously there will be small variations based off of fabric weight + how you wash them.

4. alohamichael

My store is very strict about the ID thing (must be current too) so i wouldn't use this as a blanket technique.

5. alohamichael

The new brushed cottons feel "heavy" but they definitely vary in weight. The flannels vary a lot too. Best way is to feel them for yourself! But pretty much all the secret wash shirting is thin and light.

6. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

If that is actually what happened that is horrifying. That being said, I've been on their site a lot, put items in my cart, checked out, and end up not buying the item so many times I can't even count and that hasn't happened to me. I'll keep an eye out though. That's insane, and realllllly awful business practice.

And yes, we get gouged in Canada with the prices regardless, as per the poster above.

7. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

They look almost identical. The fact that they're both made in Mauritius doesn't help trying to distinguish between the two. This actually kinda affirms why I like JC Factory. For 20 bucks the non Thomas Mason is a pretty decent shirt/deal. I've had a few of the factory shirts for a few years and they've held up pretty well. Any discernible differences in the construction? I usually find some off threads with my factory stuff, more so than the retail store items.

8. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I just realizEd I lost a sweater bought for 20-25$ during mp. Porter sales in June. This sweater is now on sale on j. Crew website for 85$ (no drop yet). Can someone explain me the rationality behind that ?

9. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

Yes. People don't wear sweaters in June.

10. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

the mason shirt has better construction and just overall feels more solid. Stitching is very clean. But its not like the factory shirt doesnt serve its purpose and aesthetically they both look exactly the same

I emailed jcrew about it and they offered to refund me the difference between what i paid from the factory shirt vs the mason shirt. Cool move except i dont keep receipts for things i purchased that long ago

11. AmericanBanker

AmericanBanker Member

Is this J.Crew model wearing the coastal blue chambray?

It's difficult to tell whether it's the lighting or the model in the picture is wearing the "coastal blue" colored shirt? His shirt looks lighter than the coastal blue color, but could it be lighting?
    I tried to do a background search and I don't think they offer the shirt in any other color. You decide:

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shirts/slimshirtshop/PRDOVR~43683/43683.jsp

12. poena

poena Senior member

Fit advice for 484 selvedge raw denim? buy in the same size as other pants I wear from Jcrew?

13. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Waist should run the same

Great fit

14. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Can someone weigh in on their Merino V neck sweaters. Looking for a simple Vneck. Do they hold up well?

15. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

I bought this Drake's tie off them a couple of weeks ago and it's an awesome tie. I've noticed it's disappeared off it's site for some reason. If you get a chance, I highly recommend it. Qualifies for free shipping so worst case, return it. Great fabric.

[​IMG]

16. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

I would vote yes if you allow for stretch in the other pants you buy from J. Crew. (Probably would size down one from normal waist size.)

17. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

Same waist size...

I'm starting to get annoyed with J. Crew's quality. I really like their clothing but the vneck wool sweaters I've been buying have been coming apart at the seams at the rear shoulder. It's nothing the tailor / cleaners couldn't fix but it's been annoying nonetheless.

18. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Picked up a brand new one for $20 off Ebay. It's discouraging the quality is slipping but it seemed worth the shot.

19. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

The quality is definitely slipping, but I'm not so sure it was even good to begin with.

20. althanis

althanis Senior member

Do they allow you to stack the student discount with other discounts, like site-wide 25% off?