1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. zxu426

zxu426 Senior member

2. applky

applky Senior member

A self-serving post here, but FYI all just put a few J. Crew sweaters up for sale. Link in my sig. Thanks!

3. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

[​IMG]
    Lol.

2 people like this.
  4. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

5. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

1 person likes this.
  6. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

J Crew has been selling pinkish plaid/madras shirts for 20 or 30 years. This is jut a popover version. I like it actually. In addition, the Japanese chambray popover also looks good, as does the Wallace and Barnes lightweight denim "CPO." The slim cashmere sweater comes in a nice blue as well. Some decent stuff in spring so far.

7. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

the popovers are kinda growing on me. hope they add slim-fit versions at some point.

8. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Senior member

How is the sizing on these boots? TTS?

Only issue with the popover shirts are getting them over my shoulders...I wear an xs, but it is so difficult to get it over my head...I would guess that a slim version would be impossible.

9. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I don't find them abhorrent, but I think they only work in very limited settings (like a day on the beach).

10. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

^ yeah, that's exactly the kind of thing I was thinking of. they might work well with Engineered Garments-y heritage/workwear fits too, no?
    ah, hadn't thought of that.

11. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

That's a very accurate description of their Canadian stores. They seem to have some of the main pieces, but a lot of stuff never makes it to them. Also, I was in the Fairview Mall location earlier today, and they got a bunch of their spring collection. They moved out a bunch of the shirts they had, particularly the elbow patch chamois shirt that has gone on sale on the website. Seems like they moved them to the back, as they had at least 10 of them a week ago. Wondering when they re-appear on sale and plus 50% off. I guess I could have asked the SA, but i wasn't that keen on dropping more cash on stuff I don't really need.

12. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

13. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

I was actually psyched about this piece once I saw it in store. The fit is slimmer than most of their size large sweatshirts IMO. It shrunk quite a bit once I dried it, though. Way too short for me to wear anymore, gave it to my girlfriend

14. DayTripper

DayTripper Senior member

Thanks a lot for responding! I'm a size XS so I think that the slimmer, shorter cut will work out really well for me. I'll pick it up when they have their next sale.

15. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Senior member

Although it is nice, I would not spend $200 on that J. Crew cardigan. For that price you can get into SNS Herning at discount or RRL. There is also this one in indigo from United Stock Dry Goods, which you could probably find at deep discount right now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  16. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

I live down the street from the store that makes United. I can check if they have one at the store still if you let me know your size.

17. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

I love this shirt.

18. applky

applky Senior member

^ The charcoal grey inner collar tips it from meh to gross for me.

19. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member