• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen the snorkel, which I think is OK, but not great. At 395 you can get a very good snorkel from Epaulet...

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Nice. Wonder if it ever goes on sale?

zxu426

Reaction score
Thoughts on the cashmere cable crew neck sweater?

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turns out that my mother, in all of her innocent glory, actually did order me the W&B unsanforized jeans for Xmas because I "love those weird pants." I think they'll arrive this week and will report my findings. Will be interesting to see if she even got the size right. Uhhhhhhhh......

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Turns out that my mother, in all of her innocent glory, actually did order me the W&B unsanforized jeans for Xmas because I "love those weird pants." I think they'll arrive this week and will report my findings. Will be interesting to see if she even got the size right. Uhhhhhhhh......

Lol.

ThreadandSteel

Reaction score
I noticed this weekend when I bought a pair of 484 cords at two different J.Crew stores that they gave me $10 off along with the 30% off. They ended up being $45.50 before tax. I'm not sure why there was $10 off but just wanted to pass on the information for others.

thonez

Reaction score
Ordered the green tonal and black heathered oxfords in XLT since my larges were far too narrow and too short after washing. I was going to hopefully shrink these but.... damn they are long lol

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those interested in the parka, i would recommend trying it on. i know u guys are talking about a different parka, but i tried on the "falmouth" one and it was tight around the shoulders. difficult to lift my arms perpendicular to my chest. not sure if you would have the same issue with snorkel.

http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/outerwear/cotton/PRDOVR~03761/03761.jsp

Last edited:

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Can you give us more details, such as the size you tried, what your normal J. Crew size is, etc.? Thanks.

Arnold Grape

Reaction score
Do you think J Crew will have another 30% off after Christmas or will this be the last one for a while?
I don't know, but it would be cool if they offered the discount on third-party swag. (i.e. actually good ****)

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the advice is to not buy J Crew branded stuff at full retail. There are sales from 20-30% off every couple of weeks. These sales have now extended to some suiting and to Thomas Mason / Wallace and Barnes stuff.

J Crew has been cracking down on discounts on third party brands. For example I doubt they ever offer discounts on Aldens ever again (those were always errors anyway).

Last edited:

jhwendland

Reaction score
Or you could just buy one off country attire. Their Bedales are at least 30% cheaper than J Crew's.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. But Jesus I wish you hadn't shown me that site!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads