J.Crew Spring/Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. poena

poena Senior member

is brooks brothers extra slim fit slimmer than Jcrew ludlow?

2. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Not sure about the credit card part, but I had the sleeves and pants altered. I do believe them mentioning being able to take shoulders or sides in and out for a fee. They do use a local tailor in NYC (they claim this tailor only works on J Crew).

3. RyanAnderson

RyanAnderson Senior member

Yes, my experience (14 1/2 x 32) is that it is MUCH slimmer than ludlow size S. I can't fit in the extra slim fit, but fits may be different with larger neck sizes.

My ludlow fits similar to the BB slim fit in my size, both of which require slimming in the body and sleeves.

4. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

That's the way that they do it in the Philly area J. Crews. It could very well be different in other areas.

5. NickyEyes

NickyEyes Well-Known Member

My JCrew (Princeton, NJ) gets their tailoring done by a local tailor, who happens to be my regular tailor anyway. She's not exclusive to JCrew as she is the tailor for my local Ralph Lauren store as well. and yes, the tailoring service is only for 'basic alterations' and only for JCrew credit card members.

6. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

They are very similar. a XS in Jcrew slim will be tighter in the chest than a BB ESF. PM me if you have any questions regarding their sizes.

7. Bbombers85

Bbombers85 Senior member

40% off sale items going on in store at the moment. Copped a couple of Thomas Mason ludlow shirts at $60 per.

Also, INSTYLE25 gives you 25% off anything on their site. Even aldens and ludlows.

Got a Drake's tweed tie using it.

8. sholom

sholom Senior member

I need some merino cardigans. Are jcrews better or worse than club monacos? They're basically the same price.

9. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I refuse to buy sweaters from J Crew. They all stretch out after a single wear.

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Just picked up the jcrew brand wingtips after that 25% off no brainer

11. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Not saying J Crew sweaters are super quality but don't all sweaters stretch to some extent?

12. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

Thanks for this heads up, I've missed the last one or two but finally got in on this one for Alden cordovan boots. I can wait for the back order at that discount, especially since I was using a gift card!

13. meowmix1891

meowmix1891 Senior member

Man I wish I jumped on this code when I saw it on Friday. Was contemplating buying the cordovan alden boots, and now theyre "sold out" on my size. I placed an order for a half size up anyways, but even this is "backordered" until december. How likely is it that they will stock up between now and december, and I will be able to exchange these to a different size?

14. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

It's unlikely that they will add any stock. Based on watching the listings over the past year, in particular those that are back ordered, it looks like J. Crew puts in an order with Alden and releases the shoes/boots for sale on their website once they have confirmation of their order from Alden. Earlier this summer the expected ship date for these boots was late August. There have been confirmations in the Alden thread that folks who ordered them earlier this summer did, indeed, receive them in mid to late August.

You're probably not totally out of luck, though, as there are others who will likely return theirs for sizing reasons. But you have to monitor stock when the time comes.

15. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I gotta say, between the "in good company" lines and the 25 - 40% discounts that seem to float around pretty regularly, sometimes J. Crew is kind of awesome.